IHADSS - Direction compass tape

0414 Wee Neal
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Hi

In the A10cII when in the HMD the compass tap indicates the direction that the pilot is looking.  In the Apache it is fixed to the direction of travel for the aircraft.  Is it possible to switch the IHADSS to the direction of view?

Neal

Edited by 0414 Wee Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

• ED Team

Hi, 

no, not that I am aware of, there maybe others who know better however. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
  • Solution

No there isn't. Due to the nature of how the AH-64D was intended to fight, and how it performs targeting and engagements, it is more critical to know where the aircraft is pointed, however you do get directional indications of where the TADS is pointed, or where the opposite crewmember's sensor is looking.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head