Trimmer mode options

Talisman_VR

2 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Go for the last one, the springless joystick with FFB. This is the one for the FFB joys.

Saludos.

Saca111

Strange, as that option says for stick without spring and FF.  Thing is, I fly with FF.  So I have been using the default option.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Happy landings,

Talisman

9 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

Interesting.  I will pass on this link to my friend who has just purchased the Apache.

I only fly the Huey and unfortunately this vid did not directly answer my question.

But thanks anyway as it was interesting.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Just now, Talisman_VR said:

Strange, as that option says for stick without spring and FF.  Thing is, I fly with FF.  So I have been using the default option.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Hi.

As I understand it is a Joy WITHOUT spring and WITH FFB ( if FFB, no need for spring).

Cheers.

Saca111

2 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

As I understand it is a Joy WITHOUT spring and WITH FFB ( if FFB, no need for spring).

Cheers.

Saca111

Many thanks for the translation.  Shame DCS is not communicating in plain English, LOL.  Hope your understanding is correct.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

So now I am still confused as I found this on the internet from 3 years ago:

"It should really be called Joystick without springs and without ffb. Default is the one you want if you use a ffb stick."

Still going round and round with this one.  Anyone have a definitive answer?

Default appears to be working great for me at the moment so I will stick with that, but I sure wish DCS could simply state which one is best for a FFB stick.

P.S.  Also found this:

Also in special menu you should set the way of trimming. There is just default mode which is good for joysticks with the FFB. Then the central position trim mode which will "freeze" the in-game controllers until you center your input cotrnollers. This will fix the bumps when releasing the trim button.

Link here:

UH-1H Huey Trim :: DCS World Steam Edition General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR

Bell_UH-1 side.png

HI.

I really can't help any more, as I don't have a FFB joy, so I 'm talking from ear...

Here is a screenshot of the config screen (in spanish), and it says clearly, "Joy WITHOUT springs and WITH FFB".

image.png

Is it a mistake or correct, can't tell. In ay case, I supose you can do some flying around with all of them and stay with the one that fits you best.

Saludos.

Saca111

3 hours ago, Sacarino111 said:

HI.

I really can't help any more, as I don't have a FFB joy, so I 'm talking from ear...

Here is a screenshot of the config screen (in spanish), and it says clearly, "Joy WITHOUT springs and WITH FFB".

image.png

Is it a mistake or correct, can't tell. In ay case, I supose you can do some flying around with all of them and stay with the one that fits you best.

Saludos.

Saca111

Many thanks.  For me the default setting appears to work best.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

On 3/25/2022 at 2:16 PM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

Go for the last one, the springless joystick with FFB. This is the one for the FFB joys.

Saludos.

Saca111

NO!!!! That's WRONG! "Default" is for FFB! 😉

2 hours ago, Talisman_VR said:

Many thanks.  For me the default setting appears to work best.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

"Default" is correct for FFB. I have MS FFB2 myself.

The "quote" in  one of your posts above are correct. Not sure if that was me, but I did write something similar once. It should be renamed to reflect sticks that has neither springs nor FFB.
You can even test this in the Huey, turn off the force trim with the switch on the console, besides the hydraulic switch. You might enjoy longer flights more. 😉

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 2:45 PM, MAXsenna said:

NO!!!! That's WRONG! "Default" is for FFB! 😉

"Default" is correct for FFB. I have MS FFB2 myself.

The "quote" in  one of your posts above are correct. Not sure if that was me, but I did write something similar once. It should be renamed to reflect sticks that has neither springs nor FFB.
You can even test this in the Huey, turn off the force trim with the switch on the console, besides the hydraulic switch. You might enjoy longer flights more. 😉

Cheers!

Thanks MAXsenna.  🙂

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png