I can't fire as a pilot...

Katalan
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I'm sure is my fault, but I can't fire anything when I'm playing as a pilot and using "Jordi/George" as a CPG.

My visor shows sight is GHS and I think that's the issue. Navigating throught the MFD WEAPONS page I havn't the option to change this in ADQ parameter. I Only get GHS, SKR, and TADS. No PHS. Maybe is wich station push SAFE/ARM weapons button first?

What would be the steps to fire canon or rockets being pilot with HMD reticle while AI acts as CPG?

Thank in advance!

PD: ED Team... I dreamed to fly Apaches since child... you made my life a little bit happier!

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi,

glad you are enjoying,

please check you have flipped the trigger guard. 

If you have please attach a short track replay example. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Acquisition source: Thing to look at
Sight: Thing to look with (at the things that will die when you press the trigger)

As the pilot you only get the HMD (until the FCR is implemented) as a sight.

If you set your acquisition source to GHS you will see where the gunner is looking on your HMD. It doesn't mean anything though. It's just what you chose as your "Look here!" cue.

As such you can't set your current sight as your acquisition source. That would make no sense. You are already looking at your "Look here!" cue, and it would always be that way.

I spent hours trying to work our why the gun wouldn't shoot, stupid trigger guard 🤬

• Like 2

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9

2 hours ago, Katalan said:

As I said… my fault: the trigger guard!
THX!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first started flying the Ka-50 back in the day, I was getting frustrated over the same thing. You are not alone, for sure.

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

3 hours ago, 609_Relentov said:

These are the procedures I use to fire the chain gun from the pilot position (from my kneeboards in the user downloads):

AH-64D_-_M230_30MM_AWS.png

You can check them out here, hoping to add a few more for the AH-64D:  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3321164/

Oh my all that to just fire guns? I may be going back to the Hornet sooner than I thought...

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not everything is required, that’s just what I go through to set things up - I share as it might help others that might want to set things up similarly.

It includes things like changing the IHADSS symbology (optional), and showing the weapons page to change the burst or setting gun ranging to auto, more optional stuff.

The second part is if you want George to acquire the target, which would show on his TEDAC screen/TADS - that plus fire the gun with your consent, for example.  I like to set up my right MPD to show the CP/G TEDAC screen to see the target zoomed in, things like that.

Just arm, WAS the gun, point IHADSS on target, press weapons trigger guard (once), and press weapons trigger switch (first detent) to fire.

Edited by 609_Relentov
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...