Headphone sound

zoomie36

When i use headphones with DCS the sound starts out good but slowly starts to become scratchy and noisy, then it either becomes silent or very quiet and scratchy. It's a strange problem because at the start it sounds crisp and loud and if i use my monitor's speaker, it sounds just fine. 

My headphones work without a problem when i am listening to anything else on my PC so i am certain it has something to do with DCS or my settings within DCS.

i have attached my log file if someone has a spare moment to have a look, i am using DCS F18. 

Thanks

dcs.log

13 hours ago, zoomie36 said:

if i use my monitor's speaker, it sounds just fine. 

i am certain it has something to do with DCS or my settings within DCS.

These two would contradict each other but maybe you use different output for monitor speaker and headphones?

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I am having the exact same issue as the OP.  This was all working fine about a month ago, the last time I used my bluetooth earbuds.  Using the monitor speakers, DCS sound is fine.

All other applications work fine with both speakers and earbuds.

Now in DCS, the sound is distorted and sounds like it's modulated.  I've removed and reinstalled all the audio drivers and fiddled with every output setting in DCS.  All have the modulated sound.

DCS is the only application doing this.

• 1 month later...
En 24/3/2022 a las 23:28, zoomie36 dijo:

When i use headphones with DCS the sound starts out good but slowly starts to become scratchy and noisy, then it either becomes silent or very quiet and scratchy. It's a strange problem because at the start it sounds crisp and loud and if i use my monitor's speaker, it sounds just fine. 

My headphones work without a problem when i am listening to anything else on my PC so i am certain it has something to do with DCS or my settings within DCS.

i have attached my log file if someone has a spare moment to have a look, i am using DCS F18. 

Thanks

dcs.log 127 kB · 3 descargas

I have the same problem, with cable headphones or speakers no problem. But when I use bluetooth headphones the sound is weird and low, fells like to going from 320kps to 16kps.

If I click the F10 key, the sound is ok for a half second and go weird again. I tried all config possibilities on DCS Sound panel but always weird sound.

Sent from Nokia 3310