Sand box mission

BaD CrC

Hi all,

As I am not yet into mission editor (the flight manual is giving me enough headaches), I was wondering if you guys could create a "sand box" mission, i.e cold and dark, no threat, VFR weather with no/light wind, and a few waypoints not too far from the airport?

That would be really helpful to train for startup procedure, flying and simple navigation. :helpsmilie:

Thanks in advance.

Here's a quick one I put together for you.

Cold Start - No Threats

This allows you to practice your cold start procedures, takeoff and landings and basic navigation. There are also 2 INU update points over the bridges along your route to practice updating the ABRIS.

Also, if you tune your radio to 125.675 and flip the radio switch to AM you can listen to the latest tunes from radio Maykop while your flying.

enjoy :D

Cold Start - No Threat.miz

Here's a quick one I put together for you.

Cold Start - No Threats

This allows you to practice your cold start procedures, takeoff and landings and basic navigation. There are also 2 INU update points over the bridges along your route to practice updating the ABRIS.

Also, if you tune your radio to 125.675 and flip the radio switch to AM you can listen to the latest tunes from radio Maykop while your flying.

enjoy :D

At first I figured you were joking. But then I actually tried it out. I was wowed. That is extremely cool.

Is that a mission-specific thing? Or can you tune it to a music station regardless of the mission? Also, are there any other awesome radio stations like that?

I would also like to know the way to include this in a mission, although i have managed to add my own music to the radio station, i cant seem to get sound on the frequency in any missions but yours. Would appreciate if you could let us know how to implement it.

Cheers.

EDIT:- Scratch that, figured out i was trying to pick up the radio signal in Georgia. Those big mountains called the Caucasus, might have had something to do with it. :)

Edited by Shadow.D.

Well, I've been flying with ronht's basic mission he created and I'm quite happy with it :). It allowed me to quietly study the cockpit while listening to Maykop's station. I am now pretty comfortable with startup procedure, flying and basic navigation. I could even try some shooting on nearby friendly vehicles. Next step is to read again the ABRIS part in the manual as it's a pretty dense one, try to undertand the procedure for inertial recalibration and get a bit more familiar with viper's profile for my cougar.

So I guess I will still spend some more time with rohnt's mission before going any further.