Gun misses to the right

Caldera
Go to solution Solved by Caldera,

Hey All,

Seems I have terrible luck.  If I aim the IHADSS cross hair directly at the target the gun seem to always miss to the right.  Below is a quick snapshot that I got of this behavior. (not an easy thing to do btw)

GUNS 01.gif

Any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Caldera

James,

Thanks!

I got it to work one time, then I was deadly at hitting stuff for awhile until my game crashed.  So I restarted the game and then I started having issues with the bore sight.  I don't know if it is related, but take a look at the pictures below.  I use TrackIR.

When I try to bore sight I am thinking that the circles should be close to concentric at this head position.  That is how they were the first time I did a bore sight and in the YouTube videos I watched.

GUNS 03.gif

But, they are only concentric at this head position.  Of course, the gun is way off and I can't hit a thing.

GUNS 02.gif

Any ideas?

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

? I dont understand, for me it is HEAD movement a bit down witch TRACKIR then put the circle in the circle.

In your second screenshot look up and tilt head to the right a bit untill the green cross is in the middle of the circes.

Ok i just fired up a practise cold start and deliberately used only one axis at a time to align. That way i could reproduce your screenshots.

To me it seems you have either disabled Axis in the Track ir control panel or some othe axis are not setup correctly.

Basicly you are only looking down (pitch). instead what you want to do is move your head down as in lower (y Axis) and then pitch the cross in the circle.

Edited by jayst0r

Somewhat related. I’ve noticed the CPG position is offset a bit when you boresight the HMD. I’m having to lean to the right a bit to align. Not sure if this is to be fixed or not. The PLT position seems pretty close to sitting center of seat, but the CPG it looks like you’re sitting more to the left in the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• Solution

Hey All,

I got it!

My problem was my head position.  I simply can't crouch low enough in my chair to get alignment using the default head position. 

I ended up having to move my head position down using the cockpit camera, about seven clicks (RCTRL RSHIFT NUM 2) and that seemed pretty close.  Which seems strange to me as the default head position doesn't work, but that is what it is.

I noticed that allot depends on the TrackIR variables I am using, I use minimal Y and Z.  I may edit the LUA file in the future when Open Access is over to get it closer more of the time. 

Thanks to all,

Caldera

• ED Team

There is some really good videos out there for TrackIR, getting it set up right might be a good part of the issue:

Here is an example of one, but there are many out there.

There are some issues boresighting in VR, perhaps there is something similar in TrackIR, but just in case you hadnt seen it, here is Wags video that goes over it as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Now what if I boresighted both CP/G and pilot in SP mode and can fire with the HMD spot on, but when using TADS with CP/G then the gun always misses to the right even when using LRF? I never managed to hit anything with the gun using TADS (in hover of course), it always way to the right.

• PC: 10700K | Gigabyte Z490 | Palit 3090 GamingPro | 32GB | Win10
  • HMD: HP Reverb G2 | OpenXR @ 120% | OpenXR Toolkit: exposure, brightness, saturation | DCS 2.9: DLAA with Sharpening 0.5 (no upscaling)
  • Controllers: VKB Gunfighter MkIII base & 200 mm curved extension center mounted + TM F16 Grip / MCG Pro Grip | TM TFRP

@Caldera yeah you want to change the axis in track Ir especially for y and maybe z so less movement of you physical head translates to more ingame movement faster and then maybe to compensate make the max value flat so it remains controallable.

I have mine setup in way where there is just a very very tiny tiny dead zone for y Axis, and then it the graph goes nearly straight up but then I setup the curve to flaten out so more movement does not accelerate ingame movement more. Now I can compfortly move my head down/left and forward to have a good look at FCR in F16  /mirage etc. Its more like I move my head forward and down with the neck only thats, and thats why i setup a very small deadzone so it does not move down by accident if rolling/tilt view feft or right.

Jay,

Yeah thanks!

I did think of doing that, but I would only need those adjustments for a very small part of the game.  While, my TrackIR settings work fairly well for everything else.  I have the camera up/down adjustment mapped to my throttle and I have become proficient at alignment.  For now it is working.

Caldera

This is what I have seen messing around in the ME and using the TEDAC/TADS to aim the gun with laser range and from a hover. When fired the gun will hit left when aiming right of the aircraft centerline, and right when aiming left of the aircraft centerline. There is a bit of downward vertical dispersion when aiming left or right also. If you aim dead ahead they tend to be almost spot on horizontally but with a bit of vertical dispersion. From what I can tell this is because the gun pushes the nose of the aircraft in the opposite direction due to recoil and the shots follow this arc.

I don't know if the real one does this, but if it does that is a pretty cool bit of detail.

Edited by NeMoGas
  • Like 1

That’s my observations as well. When aiming head on George as well as myself snipes pretty good with the gun, but if you offset the shot left side or right side, the rounds miss. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

That’s my observations as well. When aiming head on George as well as myself snipes pretty good with the gun, but if you offset the shot left side or right side, the rounds miss. I hope this gets fixed quickly.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer