Command George to switch between FLIR/DTV or swap FLIR polarity

Mad_Shell

When playing as pilot, with George as CPG, displaying the TADS video on a MFD can be useful for target ID and situation assessment. It's a bit frustrating that a long distance, during daytime, George only uses FLIR, and not DTV that allows a better ID, and with superior magnification. A command to ask George to switch between the 2 would be very welcomed.

• Like 5

Hey all,

Been trying to learn to control this awesome module for the last week or so, finally think I'm getting somewhere which is cool, still can't throw it around like the Hind yet but getting there. Thanks to ED and the team of advisors that developed this brilliant module!

Is there a way to tell George to switch the TADS from FLIR to TV during the day? Quite often I like to have the tads relayed onto my MFD and during the day the flir makes it impossible to see vehicles clearly, TV would be much easier, especially when there are friends and foes close to each other.

If not, could someone make a cheat mod to enable that keybind from the pilot seat? Like we had with the Tomcat being able to control the lantirn.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, 609_Relentov said:

That would be a nice addition, to add a FLIR/TV command for TADS for George@CP/G.  Currently, using George AI (when player as pilot), when you command George to look for targets, when the target list is brought up the U/D/L/R long commands are not being used (hint hint 🙂 )

Kind of linked but it would be nice if when the target list is up Georges view was zoomed in as if he was targeting, that would make it easier to ID (and prevent Blue on Blue) when selecting. 

• Like 2

Best Regards,

Chaders.

2 hours ago, NineLine said:

George generally uses what he feels is best in that situation, its possible more control will come for this down the road if a need is there.

Control would be good but so far I have yet to see him use TV mode on the tads during any weather or natural light condition. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Raptor9 changed the title to Command George to switch between FLIR/DTV or swap FLIR polarity
  • 1 month later...

Direct CW02 George to switch TADS from nite IR to day or vice versa.

A minor wish is for pilot to have final say in weapons safe/arm. Right now CW02 George arms weapons regardless of pilot station safe/arm. THough I was Field Artillery and not Aviation branch, US Army prefers for vehicle , or aircraft, commader to have safe/arm final responcibility.

• ED Team
34 minutes ago, DmitriKozlowsky said:

A minor wish is for pilot to have final say in weapons safe/arm. Right now CW02 George arms weapons regardless of pilot station safe/arm. THough I was Field Artillery and not Aviation branch, US Army prefers for vehicle , or aircraft, commader to have safe/arm final responcibility.

George arms the aircraft when you direct him to target an enemy vehicle in preparation for an engagement. The implied task is that the aircraft needs to be armed for him to do so, because he cannot fire the laser if the aircraft is SAFE. If you want him to allow you to SAFE the aircraft, you need to use the Down Short command in the AI menu, which will cause him to stop targeting and slave the TADS to FXD forward, and you can SAFE the aircraft. But if you direct him to target something, he will once again ARM the aircraft so he can use the laser if necessary, or employ a weapon.

Aircrews would never fly around with the aircraft set to SAFE if enemy contact was likely, the aircraft is always Armed when performing pre-combat checks. Further, if you are directing George from the backseat, the idea is that you are flying the aircraft, and it is standard procedure for AH-64D aircrews (at least in the US Army) that the person not flying is the person responsible for setting the master ARM/SAFE button state. The pilot-in-command does have the final say of when munitions will leave the aircraft, but the master ARM/SAFE button is not directly indicative of that consent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head