SOLVED - my fault. Thought Open Beta 2.7.11.21408 made none of the Hogs able to achieve takeoff speed.

arcuspilot
Go to solution Solved by arcuspilot,

• Solution

Solved this but left the post in case it helps somebody else. 

Using R+Ctrl and Enter, I brought up the controller window.  Found out that after updating DCS and also "calibrating" my Thrustmaster TFlight rudder pedals, the wheel brakes are always a little bit on!  See the attached pics.  With the help of Sacarino in a post below, I adjusted some settings in the rudder toe brake control mapping and all's well 🙂

Moral is:  Use the Control Overlay to troubleshoot.

Original post as follows:

Since updating to DCS Open Beta 2.7.11.21408, all my hogs, A-10A, A-10C and A-10C II won't spool engines up to take off speed.

Taking off is impossible, even without any payload and half a tank of fuel.

When applying wheel brakes at the start of a take off, the bird doesn't even pull through them.

I've checked my wheel brakes haven't somehow become inverted, have ensured airbrakes are retracted and it happens whether skid or no-skid.

At Kobuleti, taking off Eastward in zero wind, by the time I get to the last hangar on the right, I'm just starting to get airborne.

At Groom Lake, Nevada, I don't even get speed for take off before running out of runway doing 115kts - again, no wind, no payload, flaps at 10 as always.

I've mapped keys to throttle and the throttle handles go all the way to the front stop, whether with the keys or my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS.
I've tried my other aircraft; AH-64 (torque easily goes above 100%), F/A-18C (still gets off the ground nice and quickly).
All ok on the Thrustmaster Calibration panel.
Have tried other missions; my own and the DCS Quick Start take off missions too (never played these before, was nice to hear Waggs).

The hogs all behaved perfectly before the update.

Has anybody else had this issue?

nevada to.jpg

aha.jpg

Edited by arcuspilot
Solved - left issue and solution in case helps somebody else.

• arcuspilot changed the title to SOLVED - my fault. Thought Open Beta 2.7.11.21408 made none of the Hogs able to achieve takeoff speed.

Thanks for replying, Sacarino

Sadly, that didn't work.  I've attached a screenshot of what I thought you meant, just to see if I did it correctly.  Did I?

I still get the same control overlay as in my picture.  I went ahead and mapped HOTAS buttons to brakes on and off.  When I use the "all brakes on and off" buttom, the brakes zero perfectly.  When I use the toe press on the rudder pedals though, the brakes immediately revert to partly on.

sal.jpg

Hi.

Yes, that is what I meant.

If the picture is with the rudder completely off, then you have got a problem! Looks like a hardware issue, but you said that the pedals where calibrated outside DCS and they where ok, so no idea of what to think.

Again, try in another simulator to see how they work. 

Sorry.

Saca111

Sacarino, I/we've done it!  After you mentioned the "slider" thing and it didn't work for me, I hunted around on the net and found I'd got it wrong there too.  

It turns out I had to reduce the X Saturation to 50.  I've attached a picture of what I found on the web and which works perfectly.  Thank you so much for putting me on the right track.  Now with the Control Overlay on, I can see the toe brakes are perfectly at zero when not in use.

I've never mapped the toe brakes to "slider" before though and the plane took off fine before I "calibrated" as mentioned before.  However, it was always a mission to stay on runway centreline when taking off and landing. It's now so much easier.   I wonder if I've always had just a little toe brake on all these years!

tt9naKf.jpg

Edited by arcuspilot

HI.

I'm glad you found a solution., but your peddal is waaaay off!

Is this happening in this module or this happens in all of them? If second, you may have the pedals set as a "car pedals" ( or something similar) in the Windows joy setup, because that much of an offset is really bad. If I see it correctly, looks like it is 50% off, wich could correspond to that feature I sais. Check it out!.

Saludos.

Saca111

Good morning, Saca111 🙂

It's weird then...  my pedals now work perfectly.  The picture of the controls was from another person who posted a solution to the same problem I had.  I've attached a picture of my new control setup - it looks exactly the same, and I've also attached a picture of my control overlay with my toe brakes now at zero where they should be.

I did check to make sure the T Flight Rudder Pedals were set to "aircraft" and not "car" at the beginning - I had that problem a long time ago - the controls were crazy then!  I've changed the toe brakes on the modules I fly now, using the new "slider setting" - Apache, Falcon, Hornet, Harrier, all the Hogs.  I'll taxi around in all of them over the next few days.  If they're all fine like the A-10C is now, I'll consider this all still solved.  

Thanks again, Saca111!

My brake.png

control overlay.png