The stupidiest thing you're done in BS

RapidFir3

I was playing the Georgian oil war campaign and was nearing the front. I noticed missiles flying all over the sky so i quickly turned weapons on and decreased altitude. Then i started to look for targets with shkval. And soon i found 6 tanks far away, but just in range. They were just tiny little black boxes in monitor so i didn't see who's armour they were. I didn't really thought much. I locked the target and fired and then next one and so on. After all those tanks were nothing but smoking wrecks the thought came to my head. " Were they enemy or my own guys" :cry:

Same time enemy at the other side of the bridge fired at me. I tried to make evasive action but didn't success in that. First missile hit me and engines fail. Luckily i had the time to jettison everything i had and defused arms. I made a thrilling emergency landing and survived. I should have died for what i just did. :music_whistling:

In the debriefing all came clear to me. I destroyed 6 tanks of my own side. :doh::doh::doh:

They took all my points away. About 3000 so far. I was surprised they didn't lower my rank to helicopter engineer. :) I'm still 1st LT.

I think i need to put labels on. :lol:

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

I sent Igor (wingman #2) to engage enemy armor while i was destroying air defense.

Just after destroying the last shilka i see a bandit poping flare and heading towards me. I quickly lock him with my shkval and shoot! Wohooo splash one!

Hey Igor did you see that?

Igor? ... I remember just before pushing the trigger i told to myself : "eh eh it's really look like a black shark on my shkval"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the real life :)

Btw, systems to prevent blue ob blue incidents are top priority for many countries armies.

I can imagine it. :)

I sent Igor (wingman #2) to engage enemy armor while i was destroying air defense.

Just after destroying the last shilka i see a bandit poping flare and heading towards me. I quickly lock him with my shkval and shoot! Wohooo splash one!

Igor? ... I remember just before pushing the trigger i told to myself : "eh eh it's really look like a black shark on my shkval"

:megalol: Nice one. I wonder what kind of expression Igor had in his face when he saw what's gonna happen. :)

Good to know that i'm not the only war criminal around here. :pilotfly:

Callsign Lycanthrope79

:megalol::megalol::megalol: LOOOL!!! great story! wonder what Igor was thinking :P

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

I started up , lifted off, and soon was in a fight with the controles.... I got her under me but something was WAY wrong!!! trim wasnt working right, and she was alot more to deal with than normal. After 10 minutes I call it a mission and RTB. After landing I start my shutdown..... OOPS.... I didnt have My AP asist. on.... That will not happen Again!

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

Less "loool"...

Indeed. Pretty creepy stuff. IRL those kind of incidents are horrific.

I have always appreciated highly the air forces in the army and these kind of incidents just increase it. They have enormous responsibilities out there in the sky alone controlling million dollar equipment and making hard decisions.

Today when playing this simulator i found out myself how hard it can be to identify friendlies. IRL it's probably much harder. If you don't react fast enough you'll be shot down or if you do, you may kill lot's of friendlies because hasty decisions.

Edited by RapidFir3

Callsign Lycanthrope79

• ED Team
Indeed. Pretty creepy stuff. IRL those kind of incidents are horrific.

I have always appreciated highly the air forces in the army and these kind of incidents just increase it. They have enormous responsibilities out there in the sky alone controlling million dollar equipment and making hard decisions.

Today when playing this simulator i found out myself how hard it can be to identify friendlies. IRL it's probably much harder. If you don't react fast enough you'll be shot down or if you do, you may kill lot's of friendlies because hasty decisions.

You have probably realised this, but in DCS: Black Shark, in multiplayer mode, one has the capability to recreate and practice the reality of what is currently going on in Iraq and Afghanistsn. One player is going to have be the FAC or JTAC on the ground. Maybe not such a fun role as flying a Ka-50, but nevertheless a rewarding exercise in getting rounds on target in a dangerous close situation.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

... I was surprised they didn't lower my rank to helicopter engineer. :)

Watch it. You have something against helicopter engineers? shoot.gif

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

a double post now eh.. Is it that bad? haha sorry.

The stupidest thing I have done so far was forget to change my collective key bind so I couldnt take off. I was pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure it out.. Stupid slider on the joystick >.<

HAHA but seriously the worst thing I have done was flying over some lake type thingy, I was paying more attention to the ABRIS map there, and not what was in front of me.. Looked up and smashed into a building >.< That sucked so much haha.

Watch it. You have something against helicopter engineers? shoot.gif

No, no. I don't have anything against them. :) I'm sure they (you) have importantant task to make sure hecos are properly maintained and ready to kick some ass. In fact my father is airforce engineer. He wanted to be pilot, but he was too lazy at studying and therefore engineer was the only choice. Atleast that's what he told me when i went to ground army 1999 and he told about his career in army.

Though one would think engineer have to study much more than pilot. Then again what do i know. :book:

Callsign Lycanthrope79

You have probably realised this, but in DCS: Black Shark, in multiplayer mode, one has the capability to recreate and practice the reality of what is currently going on in Iraq and Afghanistsn. One player is going to have be the FAC or JTAC on the ground. Maybe not such a fun role as flying a Ka-50, but nevertheless a rewarding exercise in getting rounds on target in a dangerous close situation.

It is ? :P

I really didn't know. Yesterday was the first time i had the courage to go trying MP. I need to :book: multiplayer part of the manual with thought.

Callsign Lycanthrope79

I played the sar mission of the first campaign yesterday and while doing rocket strafe runs over the infantry i got a little over excited and stayed on target too long. When the infantry got bigger and bigger i tried to recover, pulled hard on cyclic and collective (sic!) and with some decent vibration entered a roll to the right, only to find that zero minus one is where you end up when activating the ejection seat while inverted.

I also discovered that when the ekran yells at you to turn on rotor deicing, you should not stare at the egt displays and wonder why it starts rising so rapidly. The only thing that autorotated while both my engines choked about 10 seconds from each other, where my thoughts about why i had no clue of emergency procedures.

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

I created a free-flight mission to focus on aggressive handling. I've become pretty accustomed to basic handling, take off and landing and decided to spend some time on aggressive evasive manuvers. I tried to execute an immelman and crashed and burned :). This bird is not very forgiving but learning to tame her is a rewarding challenge.

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Blindly fired a Vikhr into some bushes on the third mission of the campaign, not realising that the tank shaped thing was a BTR :doh:.

Oops.

There goes my combat score :cry:.

Edit: That mission is rather cool though, the whole having to climb just into the clouds to clear the mountains is a right laugh, have faith in ye radar altimeter.

Edited by Tigrom
Clouds

While in a hover, has anyone else reacted to an incoming missile by bottoming the collective, entering a vortex ring state and then, in the few moments before they hit the ground, found themself wondering why pulling pitch was having no effect? Haha! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.