Cued Line of Site Reticle Does Not Slew to Locked Target

Hi, as noted above when I use George to engage enemy targets he will indicate that the target is locked and stored however his Cued LOS reticle does not move.  It always stays fixed in the middle of my display inside the heading tracker.  Does anyone know if there’s a setting I’m missing?

I’m still able to consent to fire and he will launch the hellfire and hit the target but it would be nice if the Cued LOS reticle showed where he’s locked on.  Thanks!

On 3/25/2022 at 5:43 AM, MorrisTheCat said:

Hi, as noted above when I use George to engage enemy targets he will indicate that the target is locked and stored however his Cued LOS reticle does not move.  It always stays fixed in the middle of my display inside the heading tracker.  Does anyone know if there’s a setting I’m missing?

I’m still able to consent to fire and he will launch the hellfire and hit the target but it would be nice if the Cued LOS reticle showed where he’s locked on.  Thanks!

Have you set your ACQ to TADS?

37 minutes ago, frostycab said:

Have you set your ACQ to TADS?

Stupidly no! 🙂 I got this few minutes ago and I was about to amend my post! I feel embarrassed now! 😛 

I though the ACQ mode was the same for the CPG... (that I should change CPG's mode as well!)

Thank for the reply though!

• Like 1

?SKR is the Hellfire missile's seeker. Kind of a poor man's Laser Spot Tracker, as mentioned by Casmo.

NZXT H400i case

i9 9900k @ 4,9GHz (cooled by NZXT Kraken X62 4x140Fan - Push/Pull)

Asus RoG Maximus XI Gene with 32GB G.Skill CL14

Samsung M.2 970Pro 1000GB

ZOTAC RTX 2080ti Triple Fan 11GB

34" RoG Swift Curved TFT

runs smooth like Beck's Gold :D

HTC VIVE pro eYe (still freaking out!)

Thrust Master HOTAS Warthog on MONSTERTECH table mounts

15cm Stick Extension + red spring by SAHAJ 8 (<-- love them)

(TM F-18C ordered)

TPR (Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder)

T.Flight USAF Headset

9 hours ago, Niehorst said:

?SKR is the Hellfire missile's seeker. Kind of a poor man's Laser Spot Tracker, as mentioned by Casmo.

Yup. From what I understand SKR is used primarily when another unit is lasing for you. It allows you to see the point that the missile is tracking regardless of whether your own TADS is looking at it.

1 hour ago, uist1 said:

Is the correct procedure for this to select cpg sight from the video menu and then TADS? 

The VIDEO page doesn't allow you to set your ACQ. To the best of my knowledge it's merely a sight. ACQ, as far as I know, must be set on either the WPN or TSD pages in order for the Cued Line Of Sight reticule to show the desired ACQ point in the IHADSS.

2 hours ago, frostycab said:

The VIDEO page doesn't allow you to set your ACQ. To the best of my knowledge it's merely a sight. ACQ, as far as I know, must be set on either the WPN or TSD pages in order for the Cued Line Of Sight reticule to show the desired ACQ point in the IHADSS.

Am I able to set up the cued line of sight reticle to show the targets George is looking at from cold and dark in Multiplayer? Since I can't access the cpg seat in MP? 

10 minutes ago, uist1 said:

Am I able to set up the cued line of sight reticle to show the targets George is looking at from cold and dark in Multiplayer? Since I can't access the cpg seat in MP? 

Yes. In the PLT seat all you need to to is select TADS as your ACQ. TSD or WPN page, R6 (ACQ) and then B6 (TADS). The CLOSR on the IHADSS will then show George's locked target. If you want video of the target as well then open the VIDEO page and select TADS on the right (R1 if I remember correctly.) You can then press TADS at T6 to hide the menus and get the TADS video on that MFD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1