Looking for a jet fighter to mod for DCS

Hello people,

Looking to model and program a new mod for DCS World. Have invested in the F-117a already, and that project is underway. But I've noticed that ED have already made a mod for it. I guess I'll do the F-117a for the learning curve. Does anybody have any suggestions for a jet airplane I can mod, which is not already present in DCS? 

| Z590M Gaming X | Intel Core i7 10700KF 8 core 3.6 GHZ | CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO | NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | SDD 1000GB | HDD 2000GB |

1 hour ago, RedeyeStorm said:

Grumman F9F Panther

Hawker Hunter

F84 Thunderstreak

F84 Thunderjet

British Seahawk.

F100 Super Sabre

F105 Thunderchief

Justnof the top of my hat. Any mark or version will do. No rush. 😬

Thanks man! Was looking at the F3D-2 Skyknight today, but I'll take a good look at these ones. 

Edited by DutchDruid

| Z590M Gaming X | Intel Core i7 10700KF 8 core 3.6 GHZ | CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO | NVIDIA GeForce RTX3060 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | SDD 1000GB | HDD 2000GB |

2 hours ago, G.J.S said:

Either of these could be a good call . . . .

Haha that's fanny.

Just another vote for the F-105.  I'd specifically like the D model, but any 105 would be great.  And as long as we are talking, a nice F-111 would be super sweet.  

(Yes, I am an old Cold Warrior, and depended on those things being there if the balloon ever went up).

• Like 1

vor 14 Stunden schrieb One Eyed Ross:

Just another vote for the F-105.  I'd specifically like the D model, but any 105 would be great.  And as long as we are talking, a nice F-111 would be super sweet.  

(Yes, I am an old Cold Warrior, and depended on those things being there if the balloon ever went up).

An F-105 mod was already done by VSN....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarloVecchi said:

An F-105 mod was already done by VSN....

Yes, I took a look at the VSN mod for the F-105. VSN has more of them from the list above here, but they can hardly be called mods. It's an SFM in DCSW, the cockpit is from the Flanker, has the SU-25T avionics, and an incorrect bomb loadout. It's just an external model for the eye candy, there's essentially nothing F-105 about that mod except the exterior.

• Like 1

Just now, DutchDruid said:

Yes, I took a look at the VSN mod for the F-105. VSN has more of them from the list above here, but they can hardly be called mods. It's an SFM in DCSW, the cockpit is from the Flanker, has the SU-25T avionics, and an incorrect bomb loadout. It's just an external model for the eye candy, there's essentially nothing F-105 about that mod except the exterior.

Isn't that exactly what a mod is? 😉
In no relation the full blown community modules like the A-4E-C or the UH-60L of course. 😁

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Isn't that exactly what a mod is? 😉
In no relation the full blown community modules like the A-4E-C or the UH-60L of course. 😁

Well, with experience in both CAD / Blender modelling, and software coding in various languages, I'm expecting to go the hard way 😉 If it was easy I wouldn't think about doing it. It'll be a full blown community module, if anything.

• Like 2

Well, with experience in both CAD / Blender modelling, and software coding in various languages, I'm expecting to go the hard way 1f609.png If it was easy I wouldn't think about doing it. It'll be a full blown community module, if anything.
Ahhh! Totally misunderstood the purpose of the thread.
So you're going all in? That's awesome man. I'll definitely follow you're ventures to see what you come up with!
The best of luck!
Cheers

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Ahhh! Totally misunderstood the purpose of the thread.
So you're going all in? That's awesome man. I'll definitely follow you're ventures to see what you come up with! emoji1.png
The best of luck!
Cheers

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thank you very much, that's kind of you. I expect it to be a while before I can announce anything though.

• Like 1