Mountain COIN - Sudden Death

LooseSeal

There I was, flying along to the 3rd waypoint when I heard a small "ugh" and the screen went black.

Screen_220325_143744.png

Screen_220325_143758.png

All I can imagine is he's had a heart attack, or an aneurism? Never had that kind of unexplained sudden death happen to me before in DCS.

Now, I did abandon my wingman at the base because he decided he wanted to spend 15 minutes taxiing down a long runway then taxiing right back up it again. Is it because I got too far away from him? Anyone else done this mission?

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I've reached WP03 and moved into the zone where you are supposed to rendezvous with the convoy, the convoy is never there.  I cannot seem to even start the "mission" part of this mission.  But I have never experienced your sudden death (and I have left my wingman going all the way back to the runway as well).

• Like 2

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

44 minutes ago, RafaPolit said:

I've reached WP03 and moved into the zone where you are supposed to rendezvous with the convoy, the convoy is never there.  I cannot seem to even start the "mission" part of this mission.  But I have never experienced your sudden death (and I have left my wingman going all the way back to the runway as well).

I can't seem to locate the convoy either.. but the random APC in the village found me lol

Huh. I'll probably just skip the mission then.

Honestly, a bit disappointed with the missions they've put out with the module. It feels like nobody gave them a quick playthrough to see all was ok. No convoy in this one, no FARP in the Reservoir mission and issues with coordinates in the Scud mission.

3 hours ago, viperBAT46 DTF46 said:

MANPADS missile struck just behind my head

Yet my log says there was no MANPAD or anything. He just died. For no reason. It's really weird!

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I have actually done a ctrl+F11 trajectory all the way through the route, they are not there either.  Maybe I just need to jump out as quick as possible, but starting the Apache takes time with the alignment and what-not, waiting for the PSI to drop to 70, you cannot just start flying away. So if that is happening, that is also an issue with the mission, IMHO.

I see the problems - the Convoy starts without the AH-64D in the zone - something got deleted.  The other issues stem from an attempt to "make it real" with a bunch of activity not dependent on the player's position on the battlefield…so a big part takes place while your are still inbound.  Not good.

EDIT: This ran afoul of some other issues - Needs a bit of a rewrite.

Not sure about the instant death / Black screen issue - I will try to recreate it…but it may stem from something else…yes, I am being very ambiguous, but only because I don't some of what happened. I'll rewrite it the way I though it was and try again.

Edited by Hangar200
  • Like 2

R/ Hangar 200

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Hangar200 said:

OK…Take off from parking and your wingman will follow you. 

I'm currently looking into the other issues.  

It happened to me in one or another attempt at the route, that the wingman, instead of doing a vertical take off, goes for a rolling start and has to navigate the entire taxi way to take off.  I think it depends on how you take off yourself.

By the way, thanks so much for looking into these and improving them.  They really are very enjoyable missions.  Thanks @Hangar200

3 hours ago, Hangar200 said:

I see the problems - the Convoy starts without the AH-64D in the zone - something got deleted.  The other issues stem from an attempt to "make it real" with a bunch of activity not dependent on the player's position on the battlefield…so a big part takes place while your are still inbound.  Not good.

EDIT: This ran afoul of some other issues - Needs a bit of a rewrite.

Not sure about the instant death / Black screen issue - I will try to recreate it…but it may stem from something else…yes, I am being very ambiguous, but only because I don't some of what happened. I'll rewrite it the way I though it was and try again.

Hi, I've played this mission a few times now.  What I've found happens is that the convoy starts but then eventually stops at the village at the base of the ridge that the road goes up and runs into the insurgent roadblock.  I've flown up there, taken out the insurgents, am given a "good hits" indication from the convoy down below, but they still don't move.  My assumption was that they would drive up the ridge road from the village and we're suppose to take out insurgents higher on the ridge. 

I've been doing this one again - no cardiac arrest again, thankfully.

But other issues - the convoy (as has been stated) moves to Pershing without me, but when it arrives one of the Humvees just drives around in circles - so that might be preventing more triggers?

I got a message about being under attack by a mortar team in the valley, I went to check it out - nothing there. The mortar team eventually showed up about 15 minutes later.

Anyway, thanks for having a look at it - I'm sure it'll be a good mission once the kinks are worked out!

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

For the life of me I cannot figure to what happened. I suspect I uploaded an incomplete backup copy by mistake - so many things are mission although I have the trigger zones.

Thanks for your patience and stay tuned. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

R/ Hangar 200

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Hangar200 said:

For the life of me I cannot figure to what happened. I suspect I uploaded an incomplete backup copy by mistake - so many things are mission although I have the trigger zones.

Thank you for the feedback! Looking forward to the update! 🤘

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2022 at 5:28 PM, Hangar200 said:

When can we expect the working version of this mission? Can/are you allowed to upload here or do we have to wait for the next DCS update?

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

When I try to add a waypoint in the TSD for "Outpost Pershing TOC", using 40RDP22256054, from the kneeboard, the waypoint on the TSD is off the map.  What am I doing wrong?

I've only just taken a look at this mission and haven't even taken off yet, though just as well I came here as there appear to be other issues 😉

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

18 hours ago, Hippo said:

When I try to add a waypoint in the TSD for "Outpost Pershing TOC", using 40RDP22256054, from the kneeboard, the waypoint on the TSD is off the map. 

That also happened to me before. The first two points have been totally misaligned, because the INU alignment procedure hasn't been completed.

18 hours ago, Hippo said:

What am I doing wrong?

Don't add the TSD points until INU alignment procedure has been completed.
Watch this post how to check the INU alignment state: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/297651-how-long-is-the-inu-alignment-supposed-to-take/#comment-4937166

Edited by AstonMartinDBS

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro

Thanks for replying.  Yes the alignment has completed.  Points DAL and AA1 appear correctly, but the other points don't.

Screen_220519_113602.png

Screen_220519_113606.png

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

4 hours ago, Hippo said:

Points DAL and AA1 appear correctly, but the other points don't.

No problems here. Adding the points works fine for me. Make sure you've done a proper setup for your SHOW pages (T3).

20220519 AH-64D COIN TSD Points.jpg

[OS] Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

Make sure you've done a proper setup for your SHOW pages (T3).

That was it, thank you.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Did this mission ever get fixed, as when I arrive at WP-03, there is nothing there to greet me. I have flown around the area, and can't find or summon anyone

Anybody?

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors