2022 DCS Newsletter discussion 25 March 2022 - SimFest | AI voice response | Black Shark Den

BIGNEWY

• BIGNEWY changed the title to 2022 DCS Newsletter discussion 25 March 2022 - SimFest | AI voice response | Black Shark Den
  • BIGNEWY pinned this topic

Since there was Female helicopter pilots, are we going to see any in this sim? at least for the Apache? also the up and coming Kiowa?

I only ask this, because during my 9 years in The US. Army, and while at Ft. Hood, we had Kiowa and Apache female pilots 1 or 2 but we had them.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff
  • Like 1

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Given that it's apparently Wags doing George's voice (and presumably a Russian SME doing Petrovich), I wouldn't expect it. TBH, I don't know if ED ever had actual actors do the voices, possibly Russian ATC messages in Caucasus, since there's actually pretty good variety there, including at least two female voices. I don't know what's the plan now, but in older ED content the Russian voiceovers are invariably vastly superior to English ones. That said, the recent English dialogue sounds OK, even if it is limited in terms of available voices.

Honestly, we need more voices overall. It's not even that we're talking to guys all the time, it's that we're always talking to the same guy. It'd be nice to have any sort of variety.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 3

There are 3 actors we need for AI. Michael Iron Side for Jester, William Dafoe for HeatBlurs A-6, and Nicholas Cage or Tommy Lee Jones for the George AI.  We could add Sean Young for the Kiowa when it comes out to have a female pilot.  She flew the Kiowa in Fire Birds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

...it's that we're always talking to the same guy.

Not true and you forgot SC comms with different actors at different roles.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

• ED Team
14 hours ago, 71st_Mastiff said:

Since there was Female helicopter pilots, are we going to see any in this sim? at least for the Apache? also the up and coming Kiowa?

I only ask this, because during my 9 years in The US. Army, and while at Ft. Hood, we had Kiowa and Apache female pilots 1 or 2 but we had them.

Take out a flight with a full complement of AI wingmen, we have a female voiced flight included already. 

thanks 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hmm, Simfest sales haven't started yet?

• Like 2

i7-11700K 5GHz, 64GB DDR4@3200, ZOTAC RTX4090, iiyama 34 Red Eagle  || Quest 3, HP Reverb G2, TrackIR 5  || Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo, TM Warthog throttle(button box),  Virpil WarBRD+Viper stick, VPC interceptor pedals || TM MFD Cougar pack || F-16C, F-15E, AH-64D | Simshaker Jetpad || F-16 Panels: Landing Gear, CMDS, ICP, Avionics, Sensors, Lighting, Air Cond, HUD, Anti Ice