Save profile as

Magic Man

You're partially right. It saves per controller but also per each module as well.

Keep in mind, though, you don't have to save them really, because once you apply whatever changes you did, these are written in relevant files in your Saved Games/Config/Input location anyway, so making a backup of the whole folder is faster (unless you really want to have each file named in your specific way, of course).

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I prefer having them saved in another location.  The reason for this is sometimes ED (or whatever 3rd party made a module) will make changes that wipe out keybinds.

You should have one exported file for each device for each module.  For me that's three each.  Hotas, Rudder and race pedals.  Thoase last two are "technically" the same physical device but I use joystick gremlin to combine my throttle and clutch pedal into a single axis that I bind to rudder via the virtual device.  But...  I ALSO bind the actual devices clutch and throttle in game to tow brakes on some aircraft and then try to deal with having linked rudder/toebrake.  It only kills me sometimes.

Edited by M1Combat
  • Like 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

25 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Keep in mind, though, you don't have to save them really, because once you apply whatever changes you did, these are written in relevant files in your Saved Games/Config/Input location anyway, so making a backup of the whole folder is faster (unless you really want to have each file named in your specific way, of course).

In some cases it's useful to use profiles instead of backing up the Input directory. If any devices pull new device GUIDs, sometimes you'll have to go update the GUIDs for those files. Imo, profiles are easier - can just reload profile in game for devices that get switched around without having to rename files.

In my case, I've got 5 HID devices that have the same device name (that can't be changed), and profiles make it much easier to address that when their device GUIDs change and they get mixed up.

image.png

With profiles it also makes it easy to manage common binds between modules. Example would be if you update the A-10CII binds and save to profiles, can just load those profiles into A-10C and be good to go.

I save all these files down for all my modules, and then periodically zip up the InputUserProfiles folder for snapshots.

image.png

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1