KA-50 Gyro.

Vault

Hi Everyone.

I cant seem to hold my heading reliably in the BS. I slew to the desired heading and press trim and centre the stick but the BS still slews slowly either left or right? pressing the trim button should tell the AP's gyro to hold that heading. The AP hold heading is a right handful on the BS! why does the gyro on the BS's AP act like a bucking broncho?. IRL gyros can hold a heli to within -/+ 2 degrees!.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.. pressing the trim button should tell the AP's gyro to hold that heading.

Nope, not even close.

Pressing the trim button only tell the AP to disengage.

There are no gyros in AP channels. It's the INU that provides attitude data.

The AP hold heading is a right handful on the BS! why does the gyro on the BS's AP act like a bucking broncho?.

No clue what a bucking broncho is but it seems like you have problems trimming the helicopter.

IRL gyros can hold a heli to within -/+ 2 degrees!.

Ka-50's AP is even more accurate, both in BS and IRL.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Thanks for the reply Airtito. Most informative.

RC heli flying and this sim don't mix! IRL the gyro on my RC helo holds the heading and also trims the rudder out.. This is why I'm getting confused!.

Just out of curiousity why doesn't the KA-50's AP auto trim the rudder to the desired heading using the gyro?. Why does the rudder need to be manually trimmed?.

Here's a bucking Broncho.

bronco2.gif

Edited by Vault

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]