no RLWR alerts for the human CPG

Rongor

the RLWR turns up the Volume for the Radar warnings ADF is for ADF and the missle warning system. IF ADF is used for navigation then the switch on the Flare Countermeasures must be set to NAV,

Edited by jayst0r
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Crptalk said:

I think this is a issue if you cold start the aircraft as whenever I'm gunning for someone who did a hot start I can hear the rlwr and cmws warnings.

yeah we always join for MC in a cold aircraft, not touching any switches until both are in the cockpit, to avoid sync issues

• ED Team

It is probably the RLWR disable on UTIL page, it was not possible to enable it from cold start, this is fixed internally for the next patch. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

It is probably the RLWR disable on UTIL page, it was not possible to enable it from cold start, this is fixed internally for the next patch. 

thanks

Ahhhh I've been looking incessantly for how to get the audible warnings from RWLR system but I always cold start .. thank you ! 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 9:59 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Still doesn't work. RLWR is now enabled (thanks to the Hotfix), but the CPG still doesn't recieve radar warning indications.
Only exeption is, if the CPG is the server host. Then it does work, but not as client.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

we will have the team check this thanks 

if you have a short track replay from both positions please attach it. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The only alerts I ever get as a CPG are for E2. I never hear missile warnings, or other radar systems.

This is in a large multiplayer server running off the dedicated server.

If I were to have a friend host a mission and join their aircraft perhaps I would hear more since he would be host. That would be similar to how you only see pilot and copilot head movements if you're in the hosts aircraft.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I feel so much better now after seeing the issue was "solved" but still no warnings for me. Though I was doing something wrong but apparently it is still bugged. Didn't get anything today, RLWR was on, all volume dials to max and CMWS to CMWS, et nothing for me, only the pilot.

works fine for me, SP and MP on both seats.

my "workaround" or the way i do it

SP: fire up in Pilot seat. APU on, Engines on and powerlever up. Switch on RWLR in ASE>Set. Turn on CMWS, arm CMWS, set audio to CMWS. Turn volume master dial low and up again. turn every volume dial a bit low and up again. reset every squelch.

Switch to CPG. Check in George interface if CMWS is still armed. Reset every Squelch. Turn Volumen master dial to 0 and up again. Turn every volume dial a bit down an up again to desired setting. Check ASE page (armed and programm). Set master arm on (after take off).

In MP only the part for the seat you are in of course 😉

As CPG i get the radar warnings from the ASE e.g. "SA10 tracking" as well as the CMWS warnings e.g. "Missile ...".

But i guess it could be a syncro issue in MP. Syncro between seats is still WiP as stated by ED at launch of the modul.

Hope this is a possible workaround/solution.

K

So the issue appears to be that the human CPG only sees AI radars. Playing on another server with AI other than E2 allowed me to get RWR warnings from AI fighters. Player flow aircraft however don't seem to trigger the RWR for the CPG though.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after having sat in the front seat of the DCS Apache for a quiet some time now I can say the following:

When I'm the server host I get RLWR warnings just fine (after turning the RLWR on and maybe cycling the volume controls).

When I'm just a client, I never get any RLWR warnings, neither audio warnings nor symbols on the ASE page. The RLWR is just not working at all for me when I'm just a client riding in the front seat.

I always slot and click on fly before my pilot spawns the aircraft, so that we spawn together. Maybe that's an issue, so I also wanted to try spawning in after my pilot spawned and has started the APU, but when I did that we ran into a much bigger issue, as the aircraft was still totally cold and dark, while the APU and avionics were running for my pilot...

TLDR: RLWR audio warnings and ASE symbols don't work for the CPG if he's not the server host and spawned simultaneusly with the pilot. I hope this can get fixed ASAP, as it's a major headache and the biggest Apache issue for me at the moment.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Multiplayer snyc is still a big issue. From my exprience the only proper way to spawn into plane is - pilot spawns first, he touches NOTHING, even not closig canopy, then CPS spawns and reports to pilot he's in cabin and then all works fine. When flying on dedicated server as clients we bothe receive RLWR warnings.

If CPG spawns when pilot started start-up procedure, all avionics will be messed up.

On 4/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, Foka said:

Multiplayer snyc is still a big issue. From my exprience the only proper way to spawn into plane is - pilot spawns first, he touches NOTHING, even not closig canopy, then CPS spawns and reports to pilot he's in cabin and then all works fine. When flying on dedicated server as clients we bothe receive RLWR warnings.

If CPG spawns when pilot started start-up procedure, all avionics will be messed up.

Hmm, I usually spawn together with my pilot, so he hasn't touched anything by that point and all systems are still off/cold. Not sure if it makes a different if I wait untill he spawned completely, before spawning in myself. I will check :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Alright, so I now tried to spawn in as CPG after my pilot spawned, but before any engines/systems are turned on, but same result: I do not see anything on the ASE page, nor do I get any audio warnings from the RLWR, whereas my pilot gets both...

I'm running out of ideas what else to do to work around this bug untill ED finally fixes it. It's incredibly annoying that I get no RLWR warnings in the front seat, neither as audio warnings nor as ASE symbols, unless I'm the server host. ☹️

Is this even still tracked as a bug, as the "solution" provided by @BIGNEWY in this thread is not the issue here, as we always turn the RLWR on and make sure the RLWR dot is actually filled in both cockpits?

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

We've seen this as well, more likely on higher ping servers. The pilot sees 4 SA-8s and the CPG is looking at two F-15s on the ASE page.

Will investigate further.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, this issue confuses me a bit. To be more specific: The lack of people complaining about this issue is confusing me, because I think this is quiet a severe issue and it drives me crazy that I can't get any RLWR/ASE threat indications or even alerts when playing as the CPG (unless I'm also the server host). I would expect much more people complaining about this, so this makes me wonder, if maybe not every one is affected by it? To be honest I always thought it would affect everyone, as it affects me 100% of the time when playing as the CPG (unless I'm also the server host).

So I wonder: Are there any CPGs out there that actually do get RLWR/ASE indications and alerts (without being the server host)? If so, what do you guys do to achieve this?

As the CPG (and without being the server host) my ASE page always stays totally blank and I also nevet get any audio alerts from the RLWR either, so I always have to ask my pilot to be so kind to relay to me what the radar threat situation is out there and this sucks big time. This is really frustrating :sad:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

vor 5 Stunden schrieb QuiGon:

I have to say, this issue confuses me a bit. To be more specific: The lack of people complaining about this issue is confusing me, because I think this is quiet a severe issue and it drives me crazy that I can't get any RLWR/ASE threat indications or even alerts when playing as the CPG (unless I'm also the server host). I would expect much more people complaining about this, so this makes me wonder, if maybe not every one is affected by it? To be honest I always thought it would affect everyone, as it affects me 100% of the time when playing as the CPG (unless I'm also the server host).

So I wonder: Are there any CPGs out there that actually do get RLWR/ASE indications and alerts (without being the server host)? If so, what do you guys do to achieve this?

As the CPG (and without being the server host) my ASE page always stays totally blank and I also nevet get any audio alerts from the RLWR either, so I always have to ask my pilot to be so kind to relay to me what the radar threat situation is out there and this sucks big time. This is really frustrating :sad:

Same here and there are more dsync problems.

And I think they are all more or less related, it can be very furstierren to fly Apache in MP at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone please confirm if this issue is still valid?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

20 hours ago, Amarok_73 said:

Can anyone please confirm if this issue is still valid?

AFAIK it is stil an issue, but possibly only on dedicated servers.

Tornado3 small.jpg

23 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

only on dedicated servers

How unfortunate! That's the only servers we fly on with my CP/G 🙂

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.