Is there a way to filter out search radars on the HARM targeting system?

SnakeEyes

Hello,

I've been doing a lot of SEAD recently but it seems like i hit search radars and EW instead of track radars sometimes. So, I was wondering if there is a way on the HARMs HAS page if there is a way to filter out that band of radar or the class of threats that EW and SR fall under.

Thanks

:joystick: oops

Modules I own: F-16CM, F/A-18C Lot 20, Supercarrier, Persian Gulf, FC3<bleh

1 hour ago, Mustang25 said:

For the HAD, class 4 contains all the EWRs if you want to filter them out.

thanks hey i noticed something else as well while using the HAD it was indicating that an SA-5 shot at me from behind me but in reality was abt 40 miles away. Even with a PGM1 status on the target it was giving me false readings.

7 hours ago, SnakeEyes said:

Hello,

I've been doing a lot of SEAD recently but it seems like i hit search radars and EW instead of track radars sometimes. So, I was wondering if there is a way on the HARMs HAS page if there is a way to filter out that band of radar or the class of threats that EW and SR fall under.

Thanks

You'll have to setup which ALIC codes you scan for manually if you want to exclude the search radars from the HTS search. Since there's only one manual table for the HTS pod and all the preset tables include search radars you're very limited in the amount of radars you can include in your search. There's probably some tutorial for how to do it in the cockpit but I just use the DCS DTC software to do it.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

All your question are answered here: 

Wags does an excellent job explaining all the systems in his tutorials

Edited by Falconeer

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

10 hours ago, Falconeer said:

All your question are answered here: 

Wags does an excellent job explaining all the systems in his tutorials

thanks!

13 hours ago, WHOGX5 said:

You'll have to setup which ALIC codes you scan for manually if you want to exclude the search radars from the HTS search. Since there's only one manual table for the HTS pod and all the preset tables include search radars you're very limited in the amount of radars you can include in your search. There's probably some tutorial for how to do it in the cockpit but I just use the DCS DTC software to do it.

thanks!