George fires at friendlies

Meathawk

• ED Team

Currently you are responsible for i.d'ing your targets and giving George consent to fire, he is very loyal and will do exactly what you tell him to.

I will pass on your feedback to the team however. 

thanks 

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have made a report for the team and they will take a look. 

thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Maybe the ability to choose how big or small George's search area is could help. I had directed George to search an oil refinery where I knew there were 2 apc's. Search indicated 2 apc's so I chose one but he then fired on friendly apc's approaching refinery off to the left. The 2 enemies were probably masked behind buildings but I had no way to know that.

Edited by cthulhu68

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Currently you are responsible for i.d'ing your targets and giving George consent to fire, he is very loyal and will do exactly what you tell him to.

I will pass on your feedback to the team however. 

thanks 

If that is so, then we should have the option to tell George to zoom maximun at TV screen to see if the target is from one side or another. Of course we have to know where are friendly lines are, but sometimes all is messed up.

In any case if George is going to be able to recognize targets aligment, I would like to see an possiblity to make mistakes from George to make him more human.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 5:59 PM, cthulhu68 said:

Maybe the ability to choose how big or small George's search area is could help. I had directed George to search an oil refinery where I knew there were 2 apc's. Search indicated 2 apc's so I chose one but he then fired on friendly apc's approaching refinery off to the left. The 2 enemies were probably masked behind buildings but I had no way to know that

One observation here, if you have TADS selected as your acquisition source, when you scroll up and down the target list, the Cued LOS Marker (Acquisition Source location) on your IHADSS will move to the location of each target as you highlight them, and George aims the TADS at them. In this situation, you'd be able to see that George was aiming at the friendly APC's approaching the refinery as opposed to a hostile APC inside of it, prior to confirming the target / giving consent to fire.

Of course, the problem comes when George has free ROE, and there's only one target, so you don't even get given the opportunity to confirm prior to him lasing & storing. In that case... well, god help you. For that reason, I never let George have free ROE on a multiplayer server - nothing quite like him taking a random potshot at another Apache with a hellfire...

Yep.  He'll add all identified targets on his slave command.  Best to view with TADS video to visually ID targets before you give concent to fire.  Not sure what's happening when you give free fire command.  

2020 Rig

Chasse: bequiet! Darkbase 700

MBoard: Asus b550-F Gaming

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT

DIMM: HyperZ 3200 64 GB (16x4)

GPU: Asus Strix 2070 - 8GB

Storage: 2x Samsung EVO 1TB m.2 (1 dedicated for DCS)

I know... dude cost me all my "combat scores."  😆

• Like 3

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

I know... dude cost me all my "combat scores."  😆

Phew, I'm not alone! :lol:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 3/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, cgrxman said:

IMO, any qualified (RL1) CPG should be able to identify vehicle type.  It would help if George called them out this way.  Perhaps the list could show vehicle ID (BMP2, M-1) vs. generic TANK1, IFV etc?

100% Agree

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

On 3/29/2022 at 6:34 AM, ApacheLongbow said:

Not that it never happened. xD

You were saying...?

https://www.gao.gov/assets/osi-93-4.pdf

I remember that single incident well.  Doesn't mean it should affect the current AH-64D AI.  Are current ApacheLongbow CPGs not good at threat ID? Task 2413 Perform Actions on Contact...that's what I am saying.  Scouts Out!

Edited by cgrxman

• 2 weeks later...

I like to add that the ASE also seems to keep reporting friendly missiles, e.g. the player will get a missile warning when friendly missiles are in the air. I don' t know whether this is a bug and/or related to the friendly fire issue, but to me it's quite distracting. It's kinda like someone just keeps crying wolf.

7 hours ago, Gretsch_Man said:

I like to add that the ASE also seems to keep reporting friendly missiles, e.g. the player will get a missile warning when friendly missiles are in the air. I don' t know whether this is a bug and/or related to the friendly fire issue, but to me it's quite distracting. It's kinda like someone just keeps crying wolf.

I think Wags spoke about this in one of his videos. The ASE sensors are unable to distinguish between a friendly missile launch and an enemy one, which I believe is accurate. How could the system possibly tell the difference? AFAIK the system merely looks for the bloom from the missile as it launches. It’s down to you to decide if it’s a threat. This is why he recommends keeping the CMWS in BYPASS when there are other missile-equipped friendlies in the area. 

13 hours ago, frostycab said:

I think Wags spoke about this in one of his videos. The ASE sensors are unable to distinguish between a friendly missile launch and an enemy one, which I believe is accurate. How could the system possibly tell the difference? AFAIK the system merely looks for the bloom from the missile as it launches. It’s down to you to decide if it’s a threat. This is why he recommends keeping the CMWS in BYPASS when there are other missile-equipped friendlies in the area. 

Oh, okay then. I wasn't aware of that. Guess I'll have to work on my SA skills.

Thanks for the clarification.