Jester calling out killed bandits

MBot

It is an old issue, but Jester keeps calling out o'clock positions on killed bandits. Jester is aware when a bandit gets killed as apparent by giving out splash calls. When Jester logs such a splashed bandit, it should be excluded from any further position calls.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to push this one up again.

Whenever Jester is making a splash call, couldn't the target ID be put in a lookup table and these IDs then be excluded from any calculations that put Jester into a combat-state (i.e. bandit position and own speed calls).

2 hours ago, MBot said:

Just wanted to push this one up again.

Whenever Jester is making a splash call, couldn't the target ID be put in a lookup table and these IDs then be excluded from any calculations that put Jester into a combat-state (i.e. bandit position and own speed calls).

The issue is simply that splash =/ kill. It is basically missile hit, which in DCS can or cannot result in a kill (ofc though it usually does). So DCS basically takes the state of "dead" when the thing is exploded or wrecked or by some other parameter deamed "not recoverable". It's something we can look into in the course of the Jester overhaul, if we cannot improve it.

I agree it is a bit daft, but currently simply a limitation of Jester and DCS. The complaint would be as valid if we did it the other way around, that splash counts as a kill, and then Jester stops paying attention to a targat that is still flying, or worse even fighting.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

The issue is simply that splash =/ kill. It is basically missile hit, which in DCS can or cannot result in a kill (ofc though it usually does). So DCS basically takes the state of "dead" when the thing is exploded or wrecked or by some other parameter deamed "not recoverable". It's something we can look into in the course of the Jester overhaul, if we cannot improve it.

I agree it is a bit daft, but currently simply a limitation of Jester and DCS. The complaint would be as valid if we did it the other way around, that splash counts as a kill, and then Jester stops paying attention to a targat that is still flying, or worse even fighting.

I may have been a little imprecise with the term splash. In addition to the splash call (when a missile hits), Jester is also making kill calls ("Bandit is going down"). These are clearly linked to the unit "dead" state that is logged by the game. So Jester is aware when bandit is killed. As such it should be very easy to exclude own-speed and position calls on bandits which are logged by the game as dead (and which Jester has already called out as dead). Frankly this seems more like a simple bug to me rather than a Jester improvement.

Edited by MBot

8 minutes ago, MBot said:

I may have been a little imprecise with the term splash. In addition to the splash call (when a missile hits), Jester is also making kill calls ("Bandit is going down"). These are clearly linked to the unit "dead" state that is logged by the game. So Jester is aware when bandit is killed. As such it should be very easy to exclude own-speed and position calls on bandits which are logged by the game as dead (and which Jester has already called out as dead). Frankly this seems more like a simple bug to me rather than a Jester improvement.

Oh you mean, he is calling out bandits after giving the "going down" message? Yeah, that shouldn't be.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...