How do you rotate on the yaw axis?

tflash

Hé, guys,

Since everyone seems to fly "sim" already, I also tried to put easy flight off. I already learned that trim is your friend, and even more trim an even better friend. I also learned no enemies needed on the map, since death is only minutes away.

But something surprises me: a helicopter is supposed to be able to rotate in yaw (tailrotor or rudder) in no time: you can easily rotate around your axis. This is also the case in easy flight mode, but in sim mode, when I try to rotate, I seem to fight some dark forces.

Essentially, the whole thing resists turning around and I am forced to roll/trim/roll/trim...

What am I doing wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hold the trim button down while you are yawing till you get where you want to point and then relase the trim button, or hit flight director and yaw or turn off the autopilot yaw channel.

Half the fun is finding out what works for your style of flying! :book:

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

also, be mindfull that in a co-axial rotor helo, you need some torque to be able to generate the differntial required to rotate , so if you are at very low collective, you may not be generating the amount of tourque required to rotate effectively.

the engineers can explain it better! but essentially think of it as the blades pushing against the air "horizontally" to rotate the body of the aircraft (one set of blades more than the other depending on which direction you want to move in)..if the blades aren't deflected much (ie collective amount) , they are not really "pushing" against the air so cant "push" the body of the aircraft around with resistant forces (torque).