DCS suddenly changes the sound source during runtime

Airbusjoerg
Go to solution Solved by Airbusjoerg,

On my computer, DCS sometimes - completely randomly - switches from the external DAC (FiiO K5 Pro) to the Nvidia audio output (monitor) - during gameplay, which is annoying. I can fix this immediately in the options menu every time, but I don't understand why DCS does this. Has this ever happened to anyone?
The FiiO K5 works super stable, I use it extremely frequently for other games and sound applications and never have any issues with it. It also doesn't disconnect on its own or anything, there is absolutely no problem with the USB connection or cable or whatever. DCS really is the only application that does this.

By the way, it doesn't matter if I set the audio output to "Standard" or explicitly to the FiiO in the options menu.

I´m on 2.7.11.21408.

Best regards

Jörg

33 minutes ago, Airbusjoerg said:

On my computer, DCS sometimes - completely randomly - switches from the external DAC (FiiO K5 Pro) to the Nvidia audio output (monitor) - during gameplay, which is annoying. I can fix this immediately in the options menu every time, but I don't understand why DCS does this. Has this ever happened to anyone?
The FiiO K5 works super stable, I use it extremely frequently for other games and sound applications and never have any issues with it. It also doesn't disconnect on its own or anything, there is absolutely no problem with the USB connection or cable or whatever. DCS really is the only application that does this.

By the way, it doesn't matter if I set the audio output to "Standard" or explicitly to the FiiO in the options menu.

I´m on 2.7.11.21408.

Have you tried the "force" output in DCS settings, so you don't rely on Windows? 

6 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you tried the "force" output in DCS settings, so you don't rely on Windows? 

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I explicitly set the audio output to the external DAC, not to "Standard", if that's what you mean. 🤔

Best regards

Jörg

• Solution

Okay guys, shame on me - it was my fault.

I found out by chance. I use a stream deck when I play DCS. It's usually on the desk on the side. When I start DCS, I put it right in front of me. When I do that, the USB cable stretches a bit and puts pressure on the USB cable of the external sound card behind the computer. This causes the USB plug of the sound card to move ever so slightly to one side (inside the connector), which leads to occasional short interruptions - and that is why DCS then switches the sound output.
When I put the stream deck after my DCS session back, the USB cable relaxes a bit and thus no longer touches the cable of the sound card.
Therefore, the problem only occurred while playing DCS. 😬

Edited by Airbusjoerg

Best regards

Jörg