Direct To set by CPG not visible to pilot

Seapiglet

As CPG in MP, if I created a point and set it to Direct To, I get the correct symbology on IHADDS but The pilot does not. If I pick a point the pilot creates as Direct To it seems to work fine. If I connect a point I made as CPG to a route containing points the pilot made, that also seems to work ok. 

• ED Team

Hi, 

please include a short track replay example so we can check your scenario. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

Tracks here from PLT and CPG:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvTMMMW6RxzwjVBX41oObsKhycGA?e=QGVY9G

It seemed to be slightly different from what I reported - what we found was that if the CPG set points created by either player as Direct To, the symbology would only update on the CPG's IHADDS, though the TSD line would update to the correct waypoint.  However, if the point was part of a route, it would work as expected regardless of whether the PLT or CPG generated the point to begin with.  Didn't get a chance over lunchtime to try all the possible permutations, but hopefully this shows something funny going on.  Let me know if the link doesn't work - I'm new to bug reporting!

Cheers,

SP

• Like 1

• ED Team

Give it a go after the next planned patch, and see if you notice a difference. 

I have not been able to reproduce. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

35 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

What is your patch release cycle? Judging from the open beta changelog patches seem to come anywhere from within 3 days to 90 days, averaging around 2-3 weeks. I feel I'm held back by the constant desync issues and it's getting a bit frustrating to work around them.

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

What is your patch release cycle? Judging from the open beta changelog patches seem to come anywhere from within 3 days to 90 days, averaging around 2-3 weeks. I feel I'm held back by the constant desync issues and it's getting a bit frustrating to work around them.

take a look at the patch status post for news, when we have a date it will always be updated, the information is there if you look for it. 

thanks

• Thanks 1

Yes, hit-or-miss seems accurate. Not sure I have isolated the exact set of circumstances yet, if there is even one consistent pattern. The only thing I know for sure is that every time Ibhave actually tried to do it for real in the front seat (rather than just testing) it has not worked. TSD updates for PLT but not the IHADDS. 

Will see if the next patch somehow helps! Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Seapiglet said:

Yes, hit-or-miss seems accurate. Not sure I have isolated the exact set of circumstances yet, if there is even one consistent pattern. The only thing I know for sure is that every time Ibhave actually tried to do it for real in the front seat (rather than just testing) it has not worked. TSD updates for PLT but not the IHADDS. 

Will see if the next patch somehow helps! Thanks. 

Same here. Setting the DirTo as the CPG sometimes does sync with the pilot and sometimes it doesn't. I wasn't able to figure out a pattern here so far, so it's pretty much hit and miss indeed. There is definitely something not working properly there!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi, this issue is persistent for me after the update.

I don't agree it's hit-or-miss, it's very consistent for me that DIR selected by other pilot is not updated on my IHADSS if it is not included in the current route.

10 hours ago, Qnnrad said:

Hi, this issue is persistent for me after the update.

I don't agree it's hit-or-miss, it's very consistent for me that DIR selected by other pilot is not updated on my IHADSS if it is not included in the current route.

What IHADSS mode are you using?

5 hours ago, admiki said:

What IHADSS mode are you using?

Where are you going with this question? You can see the waypoint status only in cruise mode, so kind of obvious. Do you claim that it works for you (when other pilot updates DIR to a waypoint not on current route, it automatically updates waypoint status to that waypoint on your IHADSS)?

Calm down, wasn't trying to offend you. And BTW, homeplate can be seen either in cruise or transition mode.

No, it doesn't work for me, but I never used it that way anyway. If I need to leave my route quickly, I would set it as an acquisition source. That way I have two points of refence on my IHADSS until I get to desired point.

11 minutes ago, admiki said:

Calm down, wasn't trying to offend you. And BTW, homeplate can be seen either in cruise or transition mode.

No, it doesn't work for me, but I never used it that way anyway. If I need to leave my route quickly, I would set it as an acquisition source. That way I have two points of refence on my IHADSS until I get to desired point.

Hi, I'm sorry, now I see I sounded harsh. I'm not english native 🙂 

I am super puzzled by ED not seing this pattern and I wanted to know if you suggest anything particular with your question (in hope that I may bo overlooking something or doing something wrong).

For me, as a pilot in multicrew I want to pay as little attention as possible to cockpit, and paying most of my attention outside the window to react to any possible dangers. Therefore - my CPG does the clicking and I go where the CPG wants me to go.

And with this bug - I don't know what to expect and what is consistent. I want to be sure that I see what my CPG tells me, and it is the same in my instruments as is in my CPG's. And that CPG can use his tools to communicate with me.

And BIGNEWY can't replicate so... that's it? Not okay.

9 hours ago, Qnnrad said:

Hi, I'm sorry, now I see I sounded harsh. I'm not english native 🙂 

I am super puzzled by ED not seing this pattern and I wanted to know if you suggest anything particular with your question (in hope that I may bo overlooking something or doing something wrong).

For me, as a pilot in multicrew I want to pay as little attention as possible to cockpit, and paying most of my attention outside the window to react to any possible dangers. Therefore - my CPG does the clicking and I go where the CPG wants me to go.

And with this bug - I don't know what to expect and what is consistent. I want to be sure that I see what my CPG tells me, and it is the same in my instruments as is in my CPG's. And that CPG can use his tools to communicate with me.

And BIGNEWY can't replicate so... that's it? Not okay.

this is exact reason why I asked what mode were you in. You would be surprised how much people can mess the things up.

I hope not, but welcome to DCS.

Do a quick multicrew flight (keep it as short as possible) and put track file here

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

Try setting a target point as the direct to. I have found nav points put in by the mission editor work absolutely fine however tgt points made wither by coords or tads dosnt work.

6 hours ago, commiccannon said:

Try setting a target point as the direct to. I have found nav points put in by the mission editor work absolutely fine however tgt points made wither by coords or tads dosnt work.

This. Flew last night with a friend in the pilot seat. Only points of type WP was able to be DIR set by me as CPG and the pilot could see the change. The current DIR was not changed for the pilot when I set a CM's or TG's as DIR.

• Like 1

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

• ED Team

We have an issue reported with sync if the 2nd player joins mid flight creating problems. 

If the player joins as earlier, before startup for example its less likely to create problems. 

Maybe this is part of that, I will ask the MP testing team to check. 

thanks

Just now, BIGNEWY said:

We have an issue reported with sync if the 2nd player joins mid flight creating problems. 

If the player joins as earlier, before startup for example its less likely to create problems. 

Maybe this is part of that, I will ask the MP testing team to check. 

thanks

Hmm, when I play CPG I ALWAYS join before the pilot spawns the aircraft, so I will spawn together with him in the aircraft. Despite this I also have sync issues with the Direct To as I mentioned above.

I still haven't really noticed a pattern behind this issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I think when it doesn't work it's often when we spawn cold without any waypoints and I, as the CPG, then create waypoints on the TSD and add them to the route. If I then set a Dir To on them it sometimes doesn't sync with the pilot, especially on the first waypoint.

I also often see, that the waypoint information on the IHADSS for the Dir To do get synced with the other crewmember, but not the green line on the TADS, which is only shown for the crewmember who set the Dir To.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

So far in my multi-crew flights I've had one flight were DIR to points are synced, and about 10 where they are not. Both PLT to CPG and CPG to pilot are affected. In all these flights the CPG has spawned and is in the aircraft before any switches of any kind are touched by either crewmember.  No pattern to observe when it's near 100% bug. All these point will have been ones created in the cockpit, not ones entered by the mission editor, which may be why it's not being re-produced by the test team I guess. 

6 hours ago, Scaley said:

All these point will have been ones created in the cockpit, not ones entered by the mission editor, which may be why it's not being re-produced by the test team I guess. 

Same here.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...