Rotablade stress non existent?

GunnyCook

Tried so hard to snap the blades off..... couldnt do it. 

one only has to say boo to the KA and the blades are off, 

rolls, loops high speed turns, would almost say invincible was on or something.... but alas, i could crash

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, GunnyCook said:

Tried so hard to snap the blades off..... couldnt do it. 

one only has to say boo to the KA and the blades are off, 

rolls, loops high speed turns, would almost say invincible was on or something.... but alas, i could crash

Stresses are modelled correctly. 

Comparing it to the KA-50 is not a good example, the coaxial rotor has limits if exceeded can cause rotor merges.

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

ok, i must say i am seriously impressed then.

thanks.

• Like 1

Win10 64, GeForce GTX1080 Ti, Rift touch, i5- 2.90GHz(o/c), 16gb Corsair Vengance RAM, X-56

KA-50-3, AH-64D, A10c II, AV-8B, MI-8, Spitfire, Viggen, FC3, F-14, F-15c,FA-18,  S/Carrier, CA, Nevada, Normandy 44, Channel,  Persian gulf, Marianas, Syria, Sth Atlantic, 

yeah, i have since see a couple of vids, and them there are some strong blades

• ED Team

The blades themselves gain their rigidity from the centrifugal force from the high speed rotation.

However, what gives the Apache the ability to perform such aggressive aerobatics in a 9 ton helicopter is it's static mast and rotor head design. The main rotor shaft turns inside the outer static mast. The main rotor shaft mainly handles torsion loads, whereas the static mast handles all the structural loads from maneuvers and G forces.

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head