Will BS addon modules cost extra?

Ramstein

Will BS addon modules cost extra? As new aircraft and modules are added, will these be free downloads, or will these cost money?

Thanx..

:joystick:

(I apologize if this has already been covered..as I did not see it anywhere..)

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I could have sworn we were close to Christmas...not April 1st!

Seriously...are you nuts?

Will BS addon modules cost extra? As new aircraft and modules are added, will these be free downloads, or will these cost money?

Thanx..

:joystick:

(I apologize if this has already been covered..as I did not see it anywhere..)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I could have sworn we were close to Christmas...not April 1st!

Seriously...are you nuts?

The OP asks a fair question and assuming he hasn't yet played Blackshark and therefore doesn't realise the amount of work gone into it will not realise that the KA-50 module is worth, at the very least, double the asking price!

The OP asks a fair question and assuming he hasn't yet played Blackshark and therefore doesn't realise the amount of work gone into it will not realise that the KA-50 module is worth, at the very least, double the asking price!

I agree it is well worth the money. Ever since the English release I have been getting my HOTAS set up just the way I like it. I have been on several familiarization flights, practicing take offs, hovering, and landing in precise areas. I have had the sim now for 5 days and just last night I felt comfortable enough to dive into the weapons system.

I am about to clear my log and start fresh with an actual mission. Ok, maybe not I still need practice with the navigation system :helpsmilie:

Hopefully first on the list is a dynamic campaign addon :) (i'd easily pay 20$ for that option)

has there been any more talk about adding a dynamic campaign..

i love the blackshark, great fun.. reminds me a lot of Falcon 4.0 in its complexity (I play the Redviper mod)...

hopefully with the A10 addon we'll have more wind of a nice dynamic campaign addon so we can play war :)

Yes they have to charge for it. It makes sense really for the fact that they worked a year on it. give or take a year for every module yeah i'd say its fair.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

Wedge;591930']

I am about to clear my log and start fresh with an actual mission. Ok, maybe not I still need practice with the navigation system :helpsmilie:

Similar situation for me. Been practicing hovering a lot, landing a lot (well crashing). Worked on the startup procedure which has helped me to understand the systems more than I did. Moved to weapons systems a couple of days ago. Starting to feel like I know what I'm doing.. to a degree. :)

Maybe they can charge a "stand-alone" price and an "add-on price?" If you bought BS then you will pay an "add-on" price - just patching in the needed content, but if you are coming into DCS fresh then you will be paying full price.

Think of it the other way around - with each new module, the stated intention at this point is to allow those who don't buy the new module to update their current suit of modules with any changes / updates to the engine etc FOR FREE :-) in order to maintain compatability across modules...

Cheers.

IMO I think there should also be a requirement to purchase a previous "anchor" software distro of the DCS series, e.g, you need to get DCS version/module x.xx before you install module y.yy ... etc.

There has to be a maximalisation of previous effort to substantiate effort put into any single module; makes economic sense.

You want it, you pay fair fair price ... :D

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

If next module, which I hope could be integrated into DCS Black Shark like it was with Il-2 series, I'd be happy to pay a full price of. say, 50 bucks. The Black Shark is imho the highest achievement in combat flight sims avaliable to the public, I think that the people behind the product shoul be paid well for their work and attention to all these little details that we've never seen before in a flight sim.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some of you guys need to take it easy when individuals ask questions in the forums. What ever happened to intellectual discussion? You have the potential of turning off or discouraging a lot of new people (e.g. Potential DCS customers). I mean if you cannot ask a question in the forums where else can you ask one?

Edited by Krippz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22