Matra Super 530 behaving like a fox3?

Hardcard

I've been noticing this for a while, when training against AI mirages.

Super 530s sometimes still hit me after the AI mirages have either turned beyond gimbal limits or died to my missiles. 

Also, super 530s sometimes don't give RWR warning when this happens. 

Should I report this here or on the DCS missile section?

Edited by Hardcard

@Kercheiz

This has happened to me when flying different jets, with and without an active jammer. 

Also, are these missiles supposed to reacquire after radar contact has been regained? 

EDIT: Ok, I've managed to find a thread related to this from last year (Google searches and ED forum threads don't go along)

Looks like Super 530s are closer to fox3s than I thought. 

Edited by Hardcard

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Hardcard:

@Kercheiz

This has happened to me when flying different jets, with and without an active jammer. 

Also, are these missiles supposed to reacquire after radar contact has been regained? 

Hi,

a look at the manual would have answered your question: "If the target lock is lost, the memory mode will continue to illuminate the target's last known trajectory and try to re-acquire it for 8 seconds." Page 490, MISSILE GUIDANCE
But you write that the rocket shot you down after you destroyed the carrier plane. Then there shouldn't be a conductive radar source anymore... 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

If the carrier is destroyed and it's still guiding means your jammer was still on, maybe on user error.

Proving it was not on will require a track that we can send to ED (the logic is DCS code) but I doubt it

30 minutes ago, Hardcard said:

@Kercheiz

No, because you simply can't regain radar contact when guiding a 530D. But you can switch to PSP mode (flood) which can make the 530D guide again

There is a slight chance that you where on the missile trajectory and it got close enough for the proximity fuse to trigger.

It happened to me against a F-15.

But to answer a question, no the 530 is a pure semi-active missile but it can home on jam so watch your jammer use.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

The most recent example happened this morning.

I was flying an F-14A, AI mirage was forced to drop lock to defend my phoenix (which found its mark anyway)... then, some seconds after the mirage was destroyed, I got hit by its 530D without any warning. 

My jammer was on in this case, but I seem to recall that this kind of thing has also happened to me when flying the viper (I never carry ECM pod in the viper).

I did save the track of the tomcat engagement, but, unsurprisingly, it's corrupted... 

@kotor633

I don't own the mirage, so I have no manual, only the Chuck's guide. 

Edited by Hardcard

2 hours ago, Hardcard said:

The most recent example happened this morning.

I was flying an F-14A, AI mirage was forced to drop lock to defend my phoenix (which found its mark anyway)... then, some seconds after the mirage was destroyed, I got hit by its 530D without any warning. 

My jammer was on in this case, but I seem to recall that this kind of thing has also happened to me when flying the viper (I never carry ECM pod in the viper).

I did save the track of the tomcat engagement, but, unsurprisingly, it's corrupted... 

@kotor633

I don't own the mirage, so I have no manual, only the Chuck's guide. 

If your jammer was on then it's expected behavior :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA