Shimmering issue 1440p

Rmnsvn

Hello,

Looking for a little help to get rid of the shimmering issue.

I run DCS in 12700K and 3080.

Basically, no matter what AA settings I use I get bad shimmering all over the screen. Currently I'm set to MSAA x2 and SSAA x1.5 with 27 inch screen at 1440p resolution.

The following video shows the problem. Take a look at the horizon line and the outlines of all the objects and textures.

I am basically use settings close to Spudknockers' and he definitely doesn't get the same results on his videos.

Here's what I tried so far:

- Clean up and slow repair
- Using Nvidia DSR at 1.78 and 2.25
- Using Transparency AA and MFAA via the Nvidia control panel
- Using 4x MSAA and x2 SSAA
- Using Anisotropic filtering at x8/x16

The issue persists at all possible AA and AF settings inside and outside DCS.

Attaching my DCS settings, a track file and the log files.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2022.03.27 - 11.57.35.64.png

Screenshot 2022-03-27 115752.png

Screenshot 2022-03-27 115811.png

Shimmering test.trk dcs.log

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Rmnsvn
Dxdiag added

@Rmnsvn have a compare with mine in case. i see a few differences. also i always go through the settings after updates to either nvidia or dcs because things change and reset seems to help.

image.png

image.png

image.png

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 часа назад, silverdevil сказал:

@Rmnsvn have a compare with mine in case. i see a few differences. also i always go through the settings after updates to either nvidia or dcs because things change and reset seems to help.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Thanks @silverdevil. To use DSR is it enough to choose the resolution in DCS or you have to change your system display resolution?

@Rmnsvn my true res is same as the dcs settings screenie. i did not make any system changes except in nvidia. dsr 2.25 and 50% smooth. 

DSR – Factor: DSR stands for Dynamic Super Resolution, which allows your PC to render a game at a resolution higher than the monitor can physically support, and then downsamples that image to the display's native size.

it smells like wizardry and a huge waste of time. but hey, it does seem to help.

Edited by silverdevil
added salutation
  • Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 часа назад, silverdevil сказал:

@Rmnsvn my true res is same as the dcs settings screenie. i did not make any system changes except in nvidia. dsr 2.25 and 50% smooth. 

DSR – Factor: DSR stands for Dynamic Super Resolution, which allows your PC to render a game at a resolution higher than the monitor can physically support, and then downsamples that image to the display's native size.

it smells like wizardry and a huge waste of time. but hey, it does seem to help.

Yeah i tried that but didn't really halp with the jaggies. Thanks though.