Mission 7 keeps failing

Hi All,

As per title mission 7 keeps failing for me. Says due to not following ATC. At the start of the mission. Done it twice now cause the first time I thought I forgot to ask for clearance to take off. This is the steps I carry out.

1 - Battery power

2 - Setup radios

3 - Request start up

4 - start the plane up once given authority

5 - Request taxi

6 - Taxi authority given, First time I taxied and waited behing the other A10 waiting to taxi, second time I waited till all planes had taken off before I taxied to the run way hold line.

7 - Request take off.

8 - Continue onto runway and line up and take off after take off authorised.

I have followed ATC and mission keeps failing any one else had this issue? 

Regards,

John.

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

1 hour ago, AUS_Heracles said:

Hi All,

As per title mission 7 keeps failing for me. Says due to not following ATC. At the start of the mission. Done it twice now cause the first time I thought I forgot to ask for clearance to take off. This is the steps I carry out.

1 - Battery power

2 - Setup radios

3 - Request start up

5 - Request taxi

6 - Taxi authority given, First time I taxied and waited behing the other A10 waiting to taxi, second time I waited till all planes had taken off before I taxied to the run way hold line.

7 - Request take off.

Regards,

John.

Hi John,

I've not had any other reports about this, it should only happen if you haven't got clearance for startup, taxi and takeoff, usually caused by either forgetting to do so or not using the F10 menu.  I'm assuming that since you got this far in the campaign you've not had this issue up to now and are pretty familiar with what you're doing but just make sure you used the F10 menu not the F5 ATC menu.  I'll also double check the mission make sure there aren't any new bugs.

Thanks

2 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

Hi All,

1 - Battery power

2 - Setup radios

3 - Request start up

5 - Request taxi

7 - Request take off.

Regards,

John.

Just to update, just flown the start of the mission and all worked ok, no failure.  Just double check it's the F10 menu you used, if you keep getting an issue please come back to me and we'll dig a little deeper.

Thanks

18 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi John,

I've not had any other reports about this, it should only happen if you haven't got clearance for startup, taxi and takeoff, usually caused by either forgetting to do so or not using the F10 menu.  I'm assuming that since you got this far in the campaign you've not had this issue up to now and are pretty familiar with what you're doing but just make sure you used the F10 menu not the F5 ATC menu.  I'll also double check the mission make sure there aren't any new bugs.

Thanks

Hi,

I have used the F10 menu not the F5. I havent been on for a while so I cant remember do I have to use F10 to report inbound and request landing?

I have attached screen shot of the message report and I have put red arrows on my comms for all the requests at the start I thought I attached already in original post.

Regards,

John.

aa.jpg

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

2 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

Hi,

I have used the F10 menu not the F5. I havent been on for a while so I cant remember do I have to use F10 to report inbound and request landing?

I have attached screen shot of the message report and I have put red arrows on my comms for all the requests at the start I thought I attached already in original post.

Regards,

John.

aa.jpg

All looks fine on the takeoff, you will need to use the F10 option on landing as well otherwise you get the fail mission message (bad design to be honest I wish I'd done it differently).  I'm assuming from the picture you've posted that you're failing at the end of the mission not the start?

22 hours ago, ChillNG said:

All looks fine on the takeoff, you will need to use the F10 option on landing as well otherwise you get the fail mission message (bad design to be honest I wish I'd done it differently).  I'm assuming from the picture you've posted that you're failing at the end of the mission not the start?

Yea im failing at the end. To be honest I thought it said due to ATC at start of mission but it just could of been saying not following ATC instructions as I cant remember ever having to use it on previous missions for landing. I will give it another go.

Ok Mission passed error on my end. Had to request landing.

1 minute ago, AUS_Heracles said:

Ok Mission passed error on my end. Had to request landing.

Thanks for letting me know, sorry you had to go through that.  It was pretty naive design on my part, it's not cool to fail the mission right at the end for forgetting to use the F10 menu, especially given how long the missions are.  Important learning for my future campaigns!

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Thanks for letting me know, sorry you had to go through that.  It was pretty naive design on my part, it's not cool to fail the mission right at the end for forgetting to use the F10 menu, especially given how long the missions are.  Important learning for my future campaigns!

All good, it was all my mistake. I like the F10 options it gives it a little realism atleast with all the voice overs. To be fair it does say about having to use the F10 in the mission debrief PDFs.

I might do mission 6 again though cause I dont think I had to use F10 for landing and it still passed.  

• Thanks 1