Where to install insurgency pack?

I downloaded the LLH counter insurgency pack. thIs gives cool isis trucks etc. But the pack doesnt tell me where to install it.  Its got a lot of files. Liveries. database. sounds, textures etc.   In pretty new to this and cant work out where this goes. Other mods liek skins and kneeboards made sense . but this ones got multiple files and doent seem to work with my OvGME  L

I'm not familiar with this mod, but you probably need to extract it to:

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\mods\tech

If you're using Open Beta then replace DCS with DCS.openbeta in that path.

Edit:

Yup, that appears to be correct.

image.png

Regarding OVGME, that can manage multiple folders.  So you can use OVGME for the regular DCS install folder, and the Saved Games folder.  Just create a folder for your 'saved games mods' and add a new path in OVGME:

image.png

In the mission editor, make sure you have 'Historical list of units' disabled:

image.png

Edited by epoch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ST0RM said:

Are you kidding me?  Did you see my initial post?  I went to some effort to help the OP install a mod that I have absolutely no interest in using myself.

I was unable to provide a download link because I was not home when I replied, and I only recalled that I got the link from a quick Google (and it was literally on the first hit).

Jeez, some people ...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, epoch said:

Are you kidding me?  Did you see my initial post?  I went to some effort to help the OP install a mod that I have absolutely no interest in using myself.

I was unable to provide a download link because I was not home when I replied, and I only recalled that I got the link from a quick Google (and it was literally on the first hit).

Jeez, some people ...

Typo dude. Was using my phone and fat fingered the words. Phone auto-corrected and I didnt check before hitting ok. My bad

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed/copied it. How do I get to hunt them? (No I can not create missions myself yet) Do I need to find a downloadable mission where that pack is included or..? Which ones?

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

1 minute ago, Moxica said:

I haveinstalled/copied it.How do I get to hunt them? (No I can not create missions myself yet) Do I need to find a downloadable mission where that pack is included or..? Which ones?

Either download a mission that includes the pack, check if it comes with instant missions or create a mission yourself.

• Like 1

Thx a bunch, razo. How on earth do I find a mission where that pack is included?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

Just now, Moxica said:

Thx a bunch, razo. How on earth do I find a mission where that pack is included?

Either in the user file section or perhaps if the mod creator has a discord or something maybe there. If not, then you have to create it (or check instant missions from that mod)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...