oze's DCS Helios AH-64D Apache Multiseat Touchpit/Touch-Screen Profile

Still flying the Apache or other modules with "clickediclick" mouse-clicking in your cockpit? 😞
I'll be honest with you: Can't fly DCS without Helios touch anymore. 😕
Try out oze's AH-64D profile!
❤️ And Helios in general! You will LOVE it!

I proudly present my very first DCS Helios Touch-Profile for the DCS AH-64D Apache.
This profile will easily save you at least 335+ keybindings/functions and provide proper hand-eye-coordination, visual control and feedback.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764471109063933952/960601253115752478/unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771805097705482/unknown.png

Please read/follow detailed instructions in the readme.pdf provided.

Based and extended on Bunny Clark’s AH-64D LUA interface

Profile Version: 0.0.5

DCS Version: 2.7.11.21408 2.7.11.22041

Helios Version: 1.6.5200.0001

Profile Version: 0.0.4

DCS Version: 2.7.11.21408 2.7.11.22041

Profile Version: 0.0.3

DCS Version: 2.7.11.21408

(v 0.0.2 was based and extended on Capt Zeen’s generic interface)

Sources:

http://captzeen.com/helios/index.asp

http://captzeen.com/helios/creating_helios_profiles/#/

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/286561-apache-profile-using-helios-for-a-second-monitor/

Created by: oze (oze#2672 on Discord)

No distribution without consent

Feedback and suggestions are welcome

For help/support and Helios Discord community:
https://github.com/HeliosVirtualCockpit/Helios/wiki/Get-Help
Capt Zeen's Profile Support Discord
https://discord.gg/S63KqxC

Special thanks to <3:

Bluefinma, CaptZeen, derammo for Helios, it’s extension and interfaces

Sobe and wheelchock for answers, daily community-help and moral support

Bunny Clark for exposing the AH-64D arguments/functions in his lua interface

Known Issues:

- TEDAC “Filter” Pushbutton B4 requires to be clicked twice for deactivation (Probably DCS-internal bug)

- Slight Ghosting/Duplication of in-game Cockpit TEDAC display due to viewport-exports (DCS-internal bug)

- KU Keyboard Unit brightness control knob controls both CPG/PLT (Probably DCS-internal bug)

- DCS multiseat modules currently do not support positioning the PLT/CPG MFD’s on the same X/Y position:

- Rotor Brake “lock” is apparently not yet implemented and was therefore disabled in the profile as well.

Refer to step 1.7 to switch the MFDs between PLT and CPG with a quick file-edit and DCS-restart.
Controlling all PLT/CPG elements is switchable with the PLT/CPG switch and works globally without edit/restart within this one profile.

Changelog:

v. 0.0.5

- Added Wipers for PLT/CPG (very important)
- Added CMWS for PLT
- Added Open/Close canopy for PLT/CPG
- Added Ext Lights for PLT and Int Lights for PLT/CPG
- Added switch/toggle-panel functionality and Engine section for PLT
- Added EUFD for PLT/CPG

v 0.0.4

-
Extended LUA interface and profile with NVS switch
- Added IHADSS PLT Video Panel
- Added Master Warn/Caution Indicator/Push-Lights for PLT & CPG
- Added Armaments Panel for PLT & CPG
- Implemented transparency and cut-out panels for custom
   background color and reduced contrast/eye-strain

v 0.0.3

Migrated the profile to more modern and robust LUA interface

- (Enables simpler installation, management and running green/yellow)
- Removes pushbuttons limits and enables full multiplayer support
- Added Keyboard Unit

Coming "soon" (won't be rushing this one): COMMs panel, FIRE Extinguish Panel, Jettison

What to do after a DCS-Update?

Usually you only need to re-copy/replace the MFD init files in instruction step 1.4.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.2 onwards?

Preferably ignore or delete as v 0.0.3 onwards uses a separate profile and lua-interface without “mods” file and folder.

What to do after TouchPit Update from 0.0.3 onwards?

Just re-copy/replace your new DCS.AH-64D.hif.json:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\interfaces\DCS.AH-64D.hif.json

to:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Interfaces

and re-copy/replace your new:

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.X\patch_files\profile\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

to:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Helios\Profiles\AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.hpf

Don’t forget to re-open/re-save in Helios Editor and complete pending configs and setups.
As usual all of these instructions can also be found in the current readme provided.

What to do to Update to 0.0.5?

Follow previous indications where applicable, redo Step 1.2 and steps indicated after 1.4.1 or just replace/reinstall all indicated installation files. (Might be easier/simpler)

Enjoy! 🙂

----------

Make sure to check out @Devrim's amazing monitor to touch display conversion and upgrade path! Well done. 🙂

It is a new, very economic path to provide touch functionality to your old, used or spare standard monitor.

Potential testing/workarounds/instructions and feedback for switchable PLT/CPG MFD's of this profile via potential "Reshade" render-order (search on forums) is welcome and will be included and obviously accredited if anyone wants to contribute.

Helios_AH-64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit_v_0.0.5.zip

Edited by osram
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Hey. Very nice.

You use this configuration with a touch-screen, right?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Thank You 🙂 Correct: a 24" Viewsonic touch-screen. But can also be useful for people to just have on a regular, secondary screen.
(For enlarged MFD views, without straining our necks on track-ir and zoom so much. 🙂 or maybe mouse-controls etc.)

You should try Helios. It's amazing. It can be linked via WLAN or in some apps even on USB, if your device has "true" USB-C hdmi/video out. Or just network tethering?
My first attempts with Helios and touch-screen tests were running successfully on a tiny Huawei P30 Lite.
Also on some Samsung Galaxy tablets.
Might even be able to split two helios/dcs-monitor tablets onto two separate tablets, side by side.
By editing an existing profile and moving things around.

There's only a handful of apps to "mirror" your windows/helios screen via WLAN etc.
Don't quite remember the names, but you should be able to google and get it running with basic tech-experience.
One popular one is "duet" afaik. The other one working well for me was involving to run a "server".
To connect to via your Android...

From a security POV and management thereof I didn't like it too much.
But for a gaming machine it worked very well. 

Edit: Went to check - The one I tested rather successfully was "Spacedesk". Needs to be an App that emulates actual Windows "Display Output", IMHO. So that your Android is basically an extra "Windows Monitor". Not the usual stream- and casting stuff. No warranties etc. given. Wouldn't recommend leaving those apps running/installed on sensitive/critical work-machines or so.

IMHO the bigger the better for DCS helios as a screen, or preferably touch screen.

I'm not sure if Apple/iOS is favourable: IIRC they disabled some of the screen "streaming" stuff for "security" reasons.
The usual stuff; I'd try on Android, tbh.

Edited by osram
  • Thanks 1

You sure it's not just the module/vehicle name missing in "HeliosExport16.lua"? i.e. No actual connection in the Helios setup? Or did you confirm that iPad/Duet simply does not support "touch" somehow? Would be interesting for others who have iOS over Android to try.

Thank you very much: I am happy if people enjoy a very streamlined and comfortable, usability/clarity-focused profile.

Will probably see to migrate to newer "lua-interface" based workflow soon. With this kind of modern and multiseat module the current, internal 200-pushbutton limit is actually exceeded: Especially in multiplayer.

Only started more intensive and focused endeavours into Helios profile creation about a week ago:
After the leveraged button-limit I will finish off the keypad-unit and the other most important or desired cockpit-controls.
Should be coming soonish, I presume. The rough/"slow" start and getting to know things in Helios should hopefully be over the peak now.

current WIP sneak-peek:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/957956760256274432/unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/879048045092810843/958440435443970119/IMG_20220329_205833.jpg

Multitouch Switchpit v 0.0.3 has been released! (File in initial Topic-Post)
NOW with full keyboard unit and complete Multiplayer support. (Additional testing & feedback still welcome)

Changelog:

v 0.0.3

- Migrated the profile to more modern and robust LUA interface
-(Enables simpler installation, management and running green/yellow)
- Removes pushbuttons limits and enables full multiplayer support

- Added Keyboard Unit

Coming soon: Additional Cockpit controls/elements

Edited by osram
  • Like 2

Hello,
Thank you very much for this version 0.3.
I was able to install (very easily with your installation guide) and... it works !!

Helios appears on my second screen. Only problem : the buttons are not clickable (neither with the mouse nor with the finger - it's a touch screen).
Note that my second screen is an old ChromeBook, connected with Duet-Display (chromebooks can launch android apps). I also specify that the 'click' works normally elsewhere.

Weird, I'll try to search, but I'm afraid that my problem is not related to Helios, nor to your profile.
à+ / fasu
Ps: An idea for the installation guide: for newbies like me, explain that you have to remember to adjust the graphic parameters in DCS World.

Edited by Fasu

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Fasu:

Hello,
Thank you very much for this version 0.3.
I was able to install (very easily with your installation guide) and... it works !!

Helios appears on my second screen. Only problem : the buttons are not clickable (neither with the mouse nor with the finger - it's a touch screen).
Note that my second screen is an old ChromeBook, connected with Duet-Display (chromebooks can launch android apps). I also specify that the 'click' works normally elsewhere.

Weird, I'll try to search, but I'm afraid that my problem is not related to Helios, nor to your profile.
à+ / fasu
Ps: An idea for the installation guide: for newbies like me, explain that you have to remember to adjust the graphic parameters in DCS World.

Is your Chromebook acting like a second touchscreen in Windows or do you use it as a Remote for Helios?
From time to time I have to tell windows that my touchscreen is the lower one. Mainly after I changed resolution or something.
I have to open the TabletPC-settings and start Calibration. Then I have to touch the lower Screen.

Maybe it helps?!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958770945022111754/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771219375722577/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/958771805097705482/unknown.png

Multitouch Switchpit v 0.0.4 has been released! (File, SwitchPit or DCS-Update instructions in initial Topic-Post)

Changelog:

v 0.0.4

-
Extended LUA interface and profile with NVS switch

- Added IHADSS PLT Video Panel

- Added Master Warn/Caution Indicator/Push-Lights for PLT & CPG

- Added Armaments Panel for PLT & CPG

- Implemented transparency and cut-out panels for custom
   background color and reduced contrast/eye-strain

• Thanks 1

Yes sitting in these profiles and then as lovely "climax" in dependencies/updates and thinking through the actual install-instructions after hours of learning and solving little problems... I felt like I had missed one part to better explain. This should now be mentioned and emphasized with detailed explanations and a screenshot.

I really hope you didn't lose too much time @Fasu! 🙂 My apologies for that.

I'm not sure if the Touch-Input over Duet you mention are profile are Helios related.
Duet is Apple/iOS specific. My feeling or limited recollection somehow tells me
it might be caused by iOS "security" restrictions.
At least that's what I would google/research for to get more insight or exclude, possibly.

Also a test with "Spacedesk" and an actual Android output device might at least partially "exclude" the cause being Helios/Profile. If possible?
Even if obviously the setups, config and "flow" is two completely separate things and not necessarily indicative.

I was running DCS Helios Spacedesk to cheapo Android Huawei P30 Lite for sure around 6-9 months ago. IIRC low-end Samsung Galaxy tablets as well.
Complete with visible MFD's, Touch-Functionality, very decent/acceptable latency and everything.
(Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 (2020) (4G, 10.40 ", 32 GB, Dark Gray))

Actually this very profile at least for touch-control and visual-feedback on proper "hand-eye-coordination" should perform surprisingly well due it's usability and spacing-focused, simplistic design. (Even if bigger MFD output advantage is always desired) Try any Android device with Spacedesk. -> No matter how small. Even if it's just a test.

If you have any technical issues or questions in that regard you want to share in a co-op session.
Hit me up on discord tomorrow and we can take a look. (If you tried everything else thoroughly and feel it could help)

For today however I've had enough of sitting in Helios. 🙂
You lads have a good one.

Lemme know how v 0.0.4 looks and feels to you in practice.

Edit: Chrischan's point is also very valid. The disconnect, or loss of touch-issue happens a lot on non-dedicated, not fully fledged touch-displays.
Even a portable, battery-supported AOC 16T2 (1920 x 1080 Pixels, 15.60 ") with it's annoying and crappy USB-C/HDMI and touch-disconnects, for example.

Edited by osram
  • Like 1

Hello Osram,
Thank you for your detailed feedback on the ED forum.

Finally, I installed an old Ipad (3rd gen), connected with SpaceDesk (because Duet Display was not available for my old version of iOS). The screen is smaller, but that should suffice (I may see to enlarging the size of the buttons or rearranging the profile). I'll see if a faster connection is possible with a cable rather than Wifi, but I don't think it's possible with this old iPad that doesn't have Lightning.

Note that I also upgraded to version 0.4 (by the way, thank you for the explanations to go from 0.3 to 0.4!) and I also did yesterday's DCS update (by the way, thank you for the explanations !). In fact, really thank you very much for the explanations: it's rather rare that creators take the time to explain step by step for neophytes. Many thanks for that.

So :
- The TEDAC is only displayed when I sit down at the CPG (key 2 on the keyboard).
- The TouchScreen works but only on the TEDAC buttons
- I have commented out the lines AH64_LEFT_CPG_MFD and AH64_RIGHT_CPG_MFD. And the two MFDs of the PLT are displayed correctly, regardless of my position in the helicopter. But the MFD buttons do not react.
- In my Helios, the left bar indicates CPG (and not PLT). The switch which seems to allow to switch between CPG and PLT does not work (it is not clickable, neither with the mouse, nor with the finger).
- I think I managed to accomplish step 1.8 (even if I don't understand everything technically), I haven't "re-configured" and I have "preflight Yellow".

I think my problem is therefore a story of switching between PLT and CPG, but I don't see how to solve it.

Edit: I did the following test
- I swapped CPG and PLT in H_AH64D_Multiseat_SwitchPit.lua (reversing the two commented lines)
- It is therefore the MFDs of the CPG that are displayed correctly: and, this time, the buttons are clickable.
- Finally, I therefore think that my problem is the small switch of the profile which, I suppose, allows to change the buttons between

Thank you for your proposal for a "co-op session"; I'm not against it, on the contrary (it will allow me to thank you in person), but I speak English very very badly, I don't think we will be able to understand each other orally ;-(.

I'm glad to hear you got it mostly running:
Another dude just got it running with Spacedesk as well; But it's rather Android I presume. In the "secondary monitor" thingy thread. He's been struggling in general for quite a bit, also due to not using my v. 0.0.4 completely.. for his latest tests.

Asked him to possibly write a little guide to share once he "recovers" and has the patience.

I speak English, German, French, Spanish... and a little bit Italian.
Feel free to hit me up on Discord if you want to look at things over screenshare or voice.

No problem, really.

I hope you can enjoy. Yes: The CPG/PLT switch is rather essential and switches the whole "view" to the controls of the "other" seat.
Can also edit your version or rather show you can at least switch the controls/seat before you start each separate profile.

As a workaround, if that helps.

PS: Have you tried "dragging" the switches or CPG/PLT switch up/down... with your finger? It's normally not meant to be a touch/click function.

Edited by osram
  • Like 1

• osram changed the title to oze's DCS Helios AH-64D Apache Multiseat Touchpit/Touch-Screen Profile

Hello Osram,
I'm a little ashamed, but you were right with "Have you tried "dragging" the switches or CPG/PLT switch up/down... with your finger? It's normally not meant to be a touch/click function.".

Eventually I tried using my old touchscreen Chromebook. It works, and even much better than with my iPad.

My feedback:
- SpaceDesk seems more stable, better configurable, than Duet Display. Moreover, it works on old versions of iPad. And besides, it's free.
- The connection (wifi) with my ChromeBook (SpaceDesk Android app in the chromebook) is much faster than the connection (wifi also) with the iPad (ipad 3rd gen) always with SpaceDesk: pressing a button displays a result on after 1.5 to 2 seconds for the iPad, while it's almost instantaneous for the Android/ChromeBook.

In short, everything works. Except the finger click doesn't always work. Sometimes this seems to be interpreted as a quick double click  (As if the MFD button was pressed twice in a row). But not always... It's probably a "finger click delay" setting, but I don't see where to set it yet (maybe in SpaceDesk, maybe in Windows, maybe in my Chromebook... or nowhere in which case it may not be usable on a daily basis).

Otherwise, I was wondering. What is the use of having the location of the TEDAC in the Helios space of the PLT, since this space is always empty (black)? I specify that I am a great beginner on the AH-64D! Wouldn't it be better to take advantage of this unused space to enlarge the MFDs for example?

Either way, thanks again for everything. Indeed, when I decided to test Helios a few days ago after the release of Apache, I studied some tutorials and it scared me a little. And thanks to the sharing of your .zip with all the files and especially the detailed installation guide, it's child's play!

This opens up new perspectives for my DCS cockpit 😉

I am very happy to hear things came out well. I am sure the practical experience and feedback will help others save some time and find a good solution going down the same process as well. 🙂

No need to be embarassed for anything. I was surprised by Helios' rather advanced capabilities as well at the beginning. 😛

In the Helios Control Center there is a retrigger "delay" setting in ms when you open it's addition options. Also Windows Touch screen calibration might have a setting by default that "rightclicks" on "long/held" press. IIRC that can interfere as well and I disabled it too, I believe.

The "Filter" Pushbutton 4 has a wierd behaviour of not "deactivating" with the first click - it needs to be clicked twice. But seems like a DCS-bug. It happens when clicking with the mouse in cockpit as well.

The TEDAC and space question is valid. But in order to use more space for the other MFD's you would have to "scale" those wider than high, non-uniform and stretched. Or lose space at the bottom area. So it's not really feasible or preferable for my design. The area could be used, but additional panel-switching might come... once room runs out. I will opt for a slightly "fresh" way of panel-switching compared to most classic profiles I saw. I believe at least. Also I preferred to keep instruments and things at the bottom, intuitively I guess or as a matter of preference; Touching things further up is farther, less ergonomic than lower area of the screen for my setup. So I guess that also lead into this decision subconsciously.

Things grow kinda "dynamically", organically and from preference, taste and experience. I suppose.
They can always change depending on functionality and depending where the "flow" goes. I guess it's a technical-design kind of thing. Inspiration and workflows.

Current WIP as another sneak-peek. 😛

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764471109063933952/959492351477284936/unknown.png

Glad you got things running well to enjoy Helios and DCS!

• Like 1

Hello Osram,
Once again you were right with "In the Helios Control Center there is a retrigger "delay" setting in ms when you open it's addition options." ==> Now everything works perfectly here!
I even managed to find how to manipulate the rotator buttons with my finger, without your help ;-))
I then had fun redrawing a Helios interface with enlarged MFDs, moving the other buttons, especially those on the keyboard. It's quite simple, and it allowed me to discover a little more about how the Helios software works. It's quite important for me because my touch screen is small and with low resolution, and it's not very comfortable when MFDs are small.
I understand your explanations on the design choices. However, I still have questions:
From the moment when DCS imposes to be able to display only one of the MFDs (either those of the PLT, or those of the CPG), and that it is necessary to restart DCS if you want to switch, what is the point of have both possibilities (PLT and CFG) in the Helios profile?
Wouldn't it be more relevant to have two separate Helios profiles (2 files: one for the PLT profile + 1 for the CPG profile)?
That said, I guess most players choose the PLT instead and then trust the AI George....???? (but I remind you that I am very beginner on the apache)
This solution would also perhaps avoid having to edit (comment out certain lines) in the file ....SavedGames\DCS.openbeta\Config\MonitorSetup.
What do you think about it ?
à+ / fasu

That's the nice thing about simpler/clear profiles or helios profiles in general. The functionality/visual elements are very separated/decoupled. So people can easily edit to their own needs and preferences.

The question is for these "micro" time comparisons. Is switching between separate profiles really faster for the MFD issues, i.e. switching MFDs? You would have to load the other profile, re-setup to ensure it regenerates the monitor-setup file, re-save. Maybe even "verify", if it really wrote the file properly? While I keep the profile running - Keep the monitorsetup file open (to save more time if needed or switching more often) it takes me literally 3 seconds to "Ctrl + §" with VS Code two lines, for example. Ctrl + S. And then just start/restart DCS again. Again: The Helios profile and DCS viewports are decoupled. Not even a restart of the running profile is required.

IMHO having two separate profiles just didn't feel preferable - Plus it's not only about the MFD's. By switching between PLT/CPG you change the entire "control-layout" and control "target" so to speak. So you can actually decide what to control or see (apart of main MFD's) - when switching seats in multiplayer, and more so hot-switching in singleplayer. You can even "control" the other seats functions without even switching the seat in-game. But simply flicking the switch of the SwitchPit to the other role. In multiplayer people can probably also switch to the "PLT" role rather easily, without restarting DCS or anything. (Maybe?) As I think the PLT in practice is less "MFD" dependent. He usually aims/shoots with his HMD and more visually anyways.

Now that we talk about it; I haven't tested but should actually work:
You could even only "export" one PLT and one CPG viewport in the monitor setup, only commenting out one CPG MFD side. You'd lose an MFD - but you could actually control both with a bit of practice. The partner could do the same but reversed. And then "hotswitching" in multiplayer after resetting the role/aircraft - Would actually be possible, if I'm not mistaken. Even if it meant to only have min. 1 MFD for full functionality. For most things it would actually be two fully functional MFD's. But if PLT for example agrees always to have left mfd PLT and right CPG. And his Co-Pilot friend, the left MFD CPG, and right PLT. It should actually work rather well without dcs restarts - With a bit of "agreements". 🙂

See that's the kind of things you don't get when going for the "simpler", separate-profile route. 😛 None of us profile creators are happy about the MFD restrictions. We simply make the best of it, for now.

Not having flown the Apache to great extent I'm not sure if there is any advantages to that in practice. But it's available. It's especially useful if someone is coaching, for example: The teacher can activate/edit to the MFD's of his student, and see what the student see's - And also take control if needed over his students seat. Had a very nice session that way with moneyshot helping me catch up a bit on the Apache, as a little "Thank You" for my work and time with this profile. And he does a truly excellent job. He's a natural - With deep understanding, calm voice and bringing things across in a clear/logical/technical mindset. You can even see what your partner types into the KU Keyboard Unit Scratchpad - As those MFD's are not affected by the bug/issue and inputs will overlay in transparency.

Also - For me it doesn't make much sense to aim for a solution that (hopefully) becomes obsolete once ED fixes the multiseat issues. Afaik they acknowledged bugreports. the issue and I'm pretty sure they understand it's importance. It would mean I'd have to do part of the work twice and again at the end - Changing the entire structure/layout and solve a setup from moving from two separate profiles, to a single one. I am pretty certain, solving these issues as much as possible in a single profile; is the more elegant, intended and cleaner solution.
It was nice to learn about panel functionality and panel-switching. There probably will be more panels to switch around separately/hierarchely inside of the two separate PLT/CPG panel "paths" or states, as well. It's kinda cool. And they should stay in their "saved" state no matter where you "panel" or switch... to. 😉

I really like it. It also shows neat little/big benefits people probably don't even expect.

Edited by osram
  • Like 1

Just a quick "aggregation" of @hreich's test/feedback with Spacedesk on Android in another thread:
-----

Just a quick guide-ish post for using tablet for second 1920*1080 touch screen...After setting up everything per guide from this post: ".

I am using free space desk app from this post  https://www.spacedesk.net/ to have my tablet act as second screen on which i see extracted MFDs and using tablet for button presses..Because small-ish 10" size of tablet, buttons are kind-a-small but it's a good poor's man panel with different helios profiles for different modules in dcs...Its working quite good, and if your tablet is fast you can get fine results..All the setup in spacedesk is automatic, you only have to install server version on pc, and one client version on your tablet...Then after launching and entering ip address of your pc on tablet app, your screen will automatically change to two screen setup... 

Edited by osram
  • Like 1

Hello,
Thank you for this detailed explanation. I fully understand the choice, it seems logical indeed.
I will try to test your proposal to cross ''left-right'' and ''CPG-PLT''. However, in my personal case, I feel like I only need the place of the PLT, never caring about the instruments of the CPG. But probably my need will change when I have a little better understanding of how apache works, GEORGES AI, detection and weapon systems, et cetera.
à+ / fasu

hace 19 horas, osram dijo:

WIP actual como otro adelanto. ¡Me alegro de que todo funcione bien para disfrutar de Helios y DCS! 😛

When is that expected version 0.0.5?

Thank you very much for your wonderful work.

Edited by PierPaolo
  • Like 1

Very happy to hear you enjoy 🙂 It's a pleasure.
Me alegra oir que puedan disfrutar. 🙂 Es un placer.

This time I'm trying to actually complete most "essential" or rather the "core" components of the cockpit for PLT and CPG for the next release, so people and myself don't need to update for smaller increments - I simply released these last versions quickly so people could actually fly with the essentials in an enjoyable way.

EXT Lights for the PLT is finished. EUFD should be finished for PLT/CPG soon. Pilot CMWS is semi-done, but a bit more work required to manually extend to the lua interface. I'd like Engine controls in as well for the next release. Not sure if I forgot anything. Think that's about it atm.

Shouldn't take forever, but still needs a bit of time. Hard to say. Coming soon (TM) I guess. 😛

Edited by osram
  • Like 1

2. I'm not quite sure why I put myself through these wierd things no one else probably would care about.. but I just can't stop. send HALP! Haven't looked into other profiles at all, actually. But I'm pretty sure this will become one of the most sophisticated covered, lit APU-pushbuttons in Helios history. (maybe?) it features multi-layered transparency and is truly decoupled/functional with underlying helios txt labels. 🥸 and all of this to flick a little cover up and down, and have a little button light or unlight. I'm even forced to make a bad visual design decision in order to justify all of this work - and move the APU txt unnaturally close to the cover-button so maybe a handful of people notice the cover-lid transparency cutout, and some APU txt pixels "shine" through. (Apologies in advance)

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/942351215424065556/960469866446483466/unknown.png

Edited by osram