oze's DCS Helios AH-64D Apache Multiseat Touchpit/Touch-Screen Profile

Not maybe. That's absolutely possible, yes. It's been discussed or I think at least rather basic knowledge for those creating profiles for the Apache 🙂
Some also had the PLT or their MFD's of preference running in the corners of the main screen. But it's not what this profile is about. I'm not going to cater my helios profile or viewport exports, and designing them around a "broken" state when ED (afaik) doesn't even acknowledge the viewport issues for F14 and AH-64D. People can edit and use the profile in whichever way seems best for their needs as well. More than welcome to, just not redistribute without consent. And if it's useful variations they can always get back to me, so I can verify and include them as variation in this thread.

Also the time/effort/testing needed to maintain even just 2-3 different, moderately deviating "variations" (for the specific MFD issue) without much user-feedback in first place - Is just not worth it. Quite frankly.

With a bit of practice in worst case, it means a 3-second file-edit and dcs-restart to switch to the other MFD's. Can't "hot-switch" without RTB/Re-Role in MP anyways. So yea, it's unfortunate and annoying, yes. But still manageable. Let's just hope one day the F14/AH-64D mp situation, viewport-exports, hot-seating and hot-switching of MFD's... is improved. We will see. Should it happen, this profile is ready and waiting, and should work exactly that way, as intended, without any modification. The way it imho should work for users in a comfortable manner; in first place.

Time will tell. 🙂

Edited by osram

That's not really a simpler "solution". Nor is it "yours". 😄 Imho it takes more clicks to change things. I presume you did not quite read the installation readme, but whatever. Else you would have realized?

Anyone can do as they please. The example you show contains multiple extra/added and also completely obsolete viewport-entries.
Completely unnecessary when using my profile and following the instructions.

Not quite sure what you are doing there, or maybe not even related to the Multiseat Touchpit profile... but if it is...
What you really need to do is: Is simply comment out the CPG Left and Right MFD. That's all. Not 3-4 Viewports.

Takes me literally... 3 seconds. To comment-out or -in... the two CPG lines, Ctrl + S And then restart DCS.
Over moving/renaming around files (apart from overkill OVGME or other modmanagers for this purpose, maybe?) and having the extra clicks to change the dropdown in DCS system as well, I believe.

O.o

Don't even need to stop/start or change the Helios profile. It just works, with minimal effort.
But hey. You can always make things extra complicated. If you like 🙂

Edited by osram

Everyone has a different perspective 🙂
Maybe I didn't express myself exactly.
After reading the forum and trying different Helios profiles and finding ways how to set up view ports, I took something from everyone, for which I thank everyone.
Your profile is not bad, but with all due respect, I prefer Bunny's profile.
Based on your idea, I have created two monitors profiles and just choose between them.
Yes, the first time it was more clicking, but now?
I simply select the profile in the DCS menu and restart the game.

image.png

• Like 1

And now what? I'm not sure what you are trying to "contribute" or achieve here other than telling people about your fantastic story of doing something marginally "different"?
Like the difference of a click here. Or a click there. 🙂 Even if you saved 1 click.

Tastes are always different, that's perfectly fine.
At least I don't go around in people's threads and work, trumpeting around how I enjoy someone else's work more...
while providing zero substantial information or wisdom. To the contrary: Possibly even confusing information - Certainly nothing of much value, to the people normally/regularly using this profile at least.

"Yes the first time it was more clicking. But now! I save 1 click each time!"

😄

No offense mate, but maybe you see what I'm getting at.
I don't see any benefit in that "other" 'workflow'.. at all. Unless you want to talk about saving like 3 clicks per week.

19 minutes ago, Chrischan said:

calm down mate.

I believe I'm relatively calm for having someone provide rather useless and confusing "information" and being somewhat provocative, or at least without constructive criticism, for no good reason. 🙂

I hope it's not too 'unnerving' for you, if I speak my mind about things in my own thread. @Chrischan

• Like 2

On 4/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, Chrischan said:

calm down mate.

when in the history of "calm down mate." has this actually worked? unless you're Tyson Fury 😁 easier typing nothing at all and not winding people up..

• Like 3

Make sure to check out @Devrim's amazing monitor to touch display conversion and upgrade path! Well done. 🙂

It is a new, very economic path to provide touch functionality to your old, used or spare standard monitor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, osram said:

Make sure to check out @Devrim's amazing monitor to touch display conversion and upgrade path! Well done. 🙂

Thx mate. 🥰😘

• Like 2

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

We will centralize/channel this lovely variation and contribution together to be included as a variation for those in "need" 😛

Thank you for this contribution. It is very much appreciated.
I'll hit you up as discussed to get this included in the original opening post.

• 7 months later...

Hi...what is the status of this profile and ghosting picture on tedac after latest open beta patch?

Does anybody know if this issue "-- TEDAC currently will show up as a double image within DCS when it is exported. There is no known workaround. "

is fixed in the latest patch? If it is -what i need to change in my lua files to get it fixed..?

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

• 3 months later...

After latest Multi thread update 17.03.2023 - it stopped working and messed with my cockpit textures (both in MT and non-MT version)...

DCS Helios oze’s AH-64D profile

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia