Work on Combined Arms

JeffC

vor 10 Stunden schrieb viperBAT46 DTF46:

I pray it gets some attention. CA has a great foundation and has massive potential.. especially the JTAC roles.. sitting in a quality model scout vic, calling in CAS and watching the fireworks, all while your battle buddy controls the flanking assault.. ideas ideas ideas.

^^^ This

What I need to test if I get the opportunity: Get an Apache into cover 6km away. Drive an Abrams close to the target behind a hill and peak over it using the JTAC function. Send the rough MGRS coordinates to the Apache and let him fire a LOAL Hellfire from cover. Lase the target for terminal guidance. The enemy will never see you... :gun_sniper:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wychmaster said:

^^^ This

What I need to test if I get the opportunity: Get an Apache into cover 6km away. Drive an Abrams close to the target behind a hill and peak over it using the JTAC function. Send the rough MGRS coordinates to the Apache and let him fire a LOAL Hellfire from cover. Lase the target for terminal guidance. The enemy will never see you... :gun_sniper:

^^^Indeed this... exactly.

Oh the servers would explode. ED would have so many new customers. And we would be smiling with a front row seat to the action.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, viperBAT46 DTF46 said:

I pray it gets some attention. CA has a great foundation and has massive potential.. especially the JTAC roles.. sitting in a quality model scout vic, calling in CAS and watching the fireworks, all while your battle buddy controls the flanking assault.. ideas ideas ideas.

2 hours ago, Wychmaster said:

^^^ This

+1 to both. It would be interesting to know more a about the size of the teams working on CA/Army/Navy/Units. What ever that number is though, I think it is clearly not enough. 

• Like 2

The linked video gives a good overview on how ground forces are organized and supported in the context of combined arms. If we would get more types of infantry with more capable Ai logic, we would be able to closely simulate battles in DCS using the same type of structure and organization.

• Thanks 2

@Callsign112 Thanks for sharing the video 🙃

I abused the active pause and regular pause today to test what I mentioned earlier. So I could do all myself without forcing anybody to join me in multiplayer. The test was successful. Neither the Apache nor the Abrams had to expose themselves to get a hellfire onto a T-90s forehead. I made a small video that I will edit a bit before I share it. This could be a total awesome use of combined arms in conjunction with the Apache on a multiplayer server... They will never know what happened :gun_smilie:

• Like 2

Am 15.4.2022 um 00:03 schrieb Callsign112:

After watching the video again, do you think the view from the Abrams is accurate? When looking at the tank itself, it appears to be at more of a slope compared to the image you get from the gun sight. Maybe that is just some type of optical illusion though.

Not sure what exactly you mean? Can you describe it a bit more? Don't forget that the gunsight already has a 3x magnification before you zoom in to 13x.

I don't know, and I'm am probably wrong but it just seems like the tank itself is sitting on a significantly angled slop compared to what we see in the gun-sight view. The gun-sight looks to me like the tank is sitting on level ground. Abrams gun depression is -10 degrees, so maybe that's why but it just looks a little funny to me when I watch the video.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone from ED give any roadmap or idea as of the future state of Combined Arms?  I know there are other bigger irons in the fire per say, but it seem like the comms have been running silent on this one for awhile.  Appreciate any info!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Devil 505 said:

Can anyone from ED give any roadmap or idea as of the future state of Combined Arms?  I know there are other bigger irons in the fire per say, but it seem like the comms have been running silent on this one for awhile.  Appreciate any info!

When they have news, they'll share.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

we need to draw more attention to the problem of the abandoned CA module. the idea of ground equipment working together in combination with air equipment is amazing and has very broad prospects.
work on ground equipment for each aircraft is at least half of the gameplay. and i don't understand why the CA module is not being developed.

• Like 6

• ED Team
On 4/4/2022 at 12:53 PM, Rhinozherous said:

I think CA is last on any backlog... dont want to say "abandoned"

Not true, we have some tweaks and fixes coming through in the next patch, and other work behind the scenes. 

We have had a number of AI ground forces fixes over the last few patches as well, and more on the way. Now its nothing big and flashy right now, but hardly abandoned for forgotten. It is still one of my favorite aspects of DCS missions. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

6 hours ago, NineLine said:

Not true, we have some tweaks and fixes coming through in the next patch, and other work behind the scenes. 

We have had a number of AI ground forces fixes over the last few patches as well, and more on the way. Now its nothing big and flashy right now, but hardly abandoned for forgotten. It is still one of my favorite aspects of DCS missions. 

That sounds good! Thank you 

• Like 1

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

12 hours ago, NineLine said:

New AI for infantry forces is badly needed.

• Like 6

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!