Mi-24P Copilot-Gunner key mapping issues

Mi-24P Copilot-Gunner key mapping issues

I did a quick search but didn't find these issues, apologies if they have already been posted.

1) "OPER / TEST Switch (B3)": When using this key, instead of toggling the OPER / CHECK rotary (right rear panel), it rotates the "BVK Set" rotary clockwise.

Related to the above, for the "BVK Set" rotary, there is a "BVK Rotary Selector (B6) PREV POS" mapping, which rotates the rotary counterclockwise, but there is no "BVK Rotary Selector (B6) NEXT POS" mapping.

2) "Turn to the Sight Direction": This key does not seem to work.  This is of course outside of the Petrovich AI Helper Interface pop up.  After switching to the 9K113 sight, I slew to the target.  Then I toggle out of the sight and back to the Copilot-Gunner view, where this key is defined.  After pressing that key, nothing happens (no change in heading).  I have to use the Petrovich AI Helper Interface while in the 9K113 sight, then press Petrovich Up Short while in CBTM mode.

3) "ATGM Launch Align Maneuver": This key does not seem to work.  This is also outside of the Petrovich AI Helper Interface pop up.  After switching to the 9K113 sight, I slew to the target, then use Petrovich AI to turn to the sight direction (i.e., CBTM: Up Short).  After toggling out of the sight and back to the Copilot-Gunner view, pressing this key does nothing.  I have to use the Petrovich AI Helper Interface while in the 9K113 sight, then press Petrovich Up Long while in CBTM mode.

As far as I know, there is no turn to sight direction and ATGM align buttons. What I mean by that, while there are bindings they were never meant to be used. It is all done via Petrovich AI menu in combat mode.

I think this was put in as a mistake as a remain from testing phase.

Could be, just wanted to pass on that they aren’t working outside of the Petrovich AI H.I. pop-up.

One thing - the combat 180 degrees maneuver command (forget the exact name) is working outside of the Petrovich AI, which can be handy (not sure if this also is a byproduct of testing and is not supposed to be there 🙂 ).