Static landmines

oldcrusty

2 hours ago, Raviar said:

How did you add mins ?! triggers and explosive?

Static objects > Structures > Landmines.  You can put as many as you like. In ME they can be seen as blue or red dots, depending on team selection.  You can't see them in the mission... well, makes sense.  Just don't set off your own team's mines or you'll be accused of fratricide and stripped of all combat scores :dontgetit:. That's what happened to me after strafing one of them by accident.

They don't work on water though. I sprinkled some of them in front of the ship, but they didn't go off. I haven't seen any sea mines in the inventory yet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah, mines are super fun.

Interestingly... if you're really devous you can script an artillery strike to on. So when a specific  mine detonates it trips a flag that causes an arty strike in the zone, or on the unit. 

You can also make the mines...bigger...lol. 

FYI you can make sea mines with triggers and scripting, buts its something of a pain. You just need something (a unit or static) that floats and put a trigger zone around it. When a blue, or red unit enters the trigger zone the original unit explodes with how ever much of a blast you want... (bigger is always better, lol) 

Edit:

I made suicide bombers and truck bombs this way. The bomber enters a zone it explodes with however much explosive I want.

Then I make the suicide bomber late activation, and hook it to a trigger. So say when a helicopter flies over a building, or a blue tank drives down a road, the bomber activates, runs where I tell it, and blows up.

Edited by Dscross

7 hours ago, Dscross said:

Oh yeah, mines are super fun.

Interestingly... if you're really devous you can script an artillery strike to on. So when a specific  mine detonates it trips a flag that causes an arty strike in the zone, or on the unit. 

You can also make the mines...bigger...lol. 

FYI you can make sea mines with triggers and scripting, buts its something of a pain. You just need something (a unit or static) that floats and put a trigger zone around it. When a blue, or red unit enters the trigger zone the original unit explodes with how ever much of a blast you want... (bigger is always better, lol) 

Edit:

I made suicide bombers and truck bombs this way. The bomber enters a zone it explodes with however much explosive I want.

Then I make the suicide bomber late activation, and hook it to a trigger. So say when a helicopter flies over a building, or a blue tank drives down a road, the bomber activates, runs where I tell it, and blows up.

Go on...  :biggrin:  .   If I only had more time to play around with all this stuff.:glare:

3 hours ago, Dscross said:

Here's my little tutorial on VBIEDs should get you started on making stuff go boom.

Cool, I'll definitely get into complex mission building soon... These crazy ideas bouncing around in my head need to come out :yes: