X52 Pro annoying throttle detents...

Hey peeps, I was hoping a few of you know how to remove the throttle detent restrictions from my x52 Pro throttle.

I find them so annoying in any game I want to use the joystick with, especially in BS. So ideally I'd like to have just a smooth throttle movement without the two "restrictions".

So how is it done?

:smartass:

Ok, I've answered this one myself with a bit of investigation... Easy job, just need a small phillips/ pozidrive screwdriver and about 5 minutes.

Unscrew the 8 screws in the base of the throttle unit. (two are under the "sticky feet")

in the base of the throttle unit that you are now able to remove, you will most probably see some "gooey grease" in which there is a "floating" plastic lug. Remove this lug and put to one side, it has two springs in it.

It is this sprung plastic piece that presses against the throttle spindle which in turn has lugs that cause the restriction in movement when the spindle rotates with thottle movement by the user.

Reassemble the base, ensuring that you get the correct screws in the correct holes (they are different lengths) the two short ones go nearest the friction wheel, the longer ones go in the centre of the baseplate and the four medium ones go in the four corners!

Hey presto, no detents.

Edited by V1Rotate
Found solution myself and listed here for others.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

I'm not sure did they worned off, or they were gone after I cleaned the throtle unit... Unscreew the bottom part, and check it out... My X52Pro moves smooth like baby butt without those two restriction points... Which are usefull in LOMAC...

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I've answered this one myself with a bit of investigation... Easy job, just need a small phillips/ pozidrive screwdriver and about 5 minutes.

Unscrew the 8 screws in the base of the throttle unit. (two are under the "sticky feet")

in the base of the throttle unit that you are now able to remove, you will most probably see some "gooey grease" in which there is a "floating" plastic lug. Remove this lug and put to one side, it has two springs in it.

It is this sprung plastic piece that presses against the throttle spindle which in turn has lugs that cause the restriction in movement when the spindle rotates with thottle movement by the user.

Reassemble the base, ensuring that you get the correct screws in the correct holes (they are different lengths) the two short ones go nearest the friction wheel, the longer ones go in the centre of the baseplate and the four medium ones go in the four corners!

Hey presto, no detents.

i7 930@ 3.8GHz, Corsair H50-1, Asus P6X58D-E, 6gb Patriot Ram, ATI 5850 1 Gb, Antec 300, F3 1GB HDD, Corsair 24" Dell 2408WFP.

Saitek X52 Pro+Rudder, TrackIR4

• 5 months later...

Ok so I will bring this back from the dead..

Why remove them? I understand they can get in the way but so far I have found the upper detent is in the perfect position to avoid eng over-speed warnings. I do go into the upper range when needed but I have found if I stay there to long I have a prob with keeping my helicopter in the air for very long :-) Now the lower one I can see does get in the way so I can see removing that one...

So maybe my time in sim is still low working with power settings..

Are there settings I can change to allow more collective power which do not result in over speed warnings allowing me to go into the upper range of the x52 throttle on a regular basis thus making the upper detent an anyoing feature?

• 10 months later...