Fixed my Apache VR FPS from a leaking low setting 36 to a stable high settings 60 with a few free upgrades

Condor060
Go to solution Solved by Condor060,

• Solution

Just an FYI, I'm no expert here. Just showing what I did to correct my problems. I have built a few computers and have pretty good working knowledge but DCS has always presented problems with my VR setups. 

My equipment

AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT, ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, RTX 3080ti, 32gb DDR4 G Skill running at 3600, GPU and CPU water cooled, Valve Index VR

I was experiencing 36-40 frames that would continue to use more and more GPU usage until it hit 99% and my FPS would nose dive while CPU usage was 8-15%. I found a link about my mother board that allows you to open up some channels for gaming. You will have to search for the video for your own mother board but this is the one that worked for my setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMfBzr0sIyk&ab_channel=OzymaticTech

Once I completed those task I downloaded MSI Afterburner and went through the scan process for MSI to calculate the overclocking for my card. Took about 15 minutes and my Core clock MHz went from 0 to 120, my Mem Clock went from 0 to 80. Heres a quick vid on letting MSI overclock your card so those of us who are not comfortable in overclocking can sit back and let MSI do the task for us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9knUPdpg2Jc&ab_channel=Robtech

After going through those two processes I was able to go from low settings to high settings in DCS while maintaining 60 FPS without the GPU memory bottoming out. I have flown in 3 maps and the results very from 48-60. My settings and results are shown below. Just an FYI, My resolution settings for flight are 1600 X 1200 (Or something close to that). I had to set it to my screen size to grab the screen shot. 

My DCS Pixel count is set to 1.3

Apache 1.jpg

Apache 2.jpg

Apache 3.jpg

Apache 4.jpg

Edited by Condor060
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Crptalk said:

Pretty sad you need to overclock a $1200 gpu just to get playable framerates in VR

Tell me about it. Everything else I fly gets 70 FPS without overclocking. This Apache is driving me nuts

And $1200? I wish. 

Edited by Condor060
  • Like 1