F-15 NCTR not working against some aircraft

henshao

currently in DCS at no range can the F-15 identify an F-18 (in my experience). I believe also the Hind evades NCTR from F-15. I have not checked against every module but these two would be a good place to start investigating this problem. F-15 seems to be able to identify most aircraft from more than 20 miles otherwise

• ED Team

Hi, 

we have had the team check and they are seeing no issues. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

we have had the team check and they are seeing no issues.

Does it mean the dev version does not show issues or they think it works as it should? I can still run my track at current beta and it shows both units that are not recognised by NCTR system.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Does it mean the dev version does not show issues or they think it works as it should? I can still run my track at current beta and it shows both units that are not recognised by NCTR system.

yes perhaps we need to include an f-16 and a mig-29 to show how the system works with every other aircraft

10 hours ago, henshao said:

yes perhaps we need to include an f-16 and a mig-29 to show how the system works with every other aircraft

What do you mean? I did not tested these as the targets. Otoh Mig-29 does not have NCTR system and F-16 has not implemented it yet.

@Flappie Can you confirm my track showing the problem?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Hi.

I wasn't very confident on how to use the NCTR system, so I tried a simple mission, and I found quite a few "UKN". 

Here is my ".trk". Haven't tried any further, because I found it was more than enough to prove the point. I would like to see a .trk from @BIGNEWYor someone from ED's Team (no rant, honest) to understand where or what am I doing wrong!

Saludos.

Saca111.

F15NCTRTest.trk

• Like 1

Here goes:

• Tornado GR4 is displayed as "T2IDS" (when Tornado IDS is not recognized at all)

And these are never recognized by NCTR:

• AJS-37
  • C-101CC
  • C-101EB
  • F-5E-3 (when the old AI F-5E is correctly identified)
  • F-14A-135-GR (when the old F-14A is correctly identified)
  • F-14B
  • F-16CM bl.50
  • F/A-18C Lot 20 (when other variants are correctly identified)
  • F-86F
  • H-6J
  • J-11A
  • JF-17
  • L-39C
  • L-39ZA
  • M-2000C
  • MiG-15bis
  • MiG-19P
  • MiG-21bis
  • Tornado IDS

Yak-40 and Christen Eagle II are not recognized either, but I guess this is kind of expected. And I assume MQ-1, MQ-9, WingLoong-I, Yak-52 are irrelevant since they don't have a reactor and can be approached without taking too much risk. Is that correct?

F-15C NCTR test.trk

• Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Yak-40 and Christen Eagle II are not recognized either, but I guess this is kind of expected. And I assume MQ-1, MQ-9, WingLoong-I, Yak-52 are irrelevant since they don't have a reactor and can be approached without taking too much risk. Is that correct?

Reactor? I don't know - I guess most military aircraft should be recognized and have some radar profile data. Great job, btw.

Here's 10 helicopters track that are not recognized either:

AH-64D_BLK_II

Mi-8MT

Mi-24P

Mi-28N

OH-58D

SA342L

SA342M

SA342Minigun

SA342Mistral

with the exception of UH-1H shwoing as AB212, which might be correct as "Agusta-Bell AB 212 - Civil or military utility transport version. Built under license in Italy by Agusta" is somewhat related.

F-15C NCTR helicopters.trk

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, draconus said:

What do you mean? I did not tested these as the targets. Otoh Mig-29 does not have NCTR system and F-16 has not implemented it yet.

@Flappie Can you confirm my track showing the problem?

I meant test against these 🙂 it seems someone has already provided exhaustive list

11 hours ago, draconus said:

Reactor? I don't know - I guess most military aircraft should be recognized and have some radar profile data. Great job, btw.

Hi.

If I am not mistaken, the NCTR is based on the radar reflection of the compressor blades. si I guess the hellos should be recognized if faced on (the gas turbine has blades, don't they?) but I don't know about propellers driven planes...

Saludos

Cheers

Saca111

50 minutes ago, Sacarino111 said:

If I am not mistaken, the NCTR is based on the radar reflection of the compressor blades. si I guess the hellos should be recognized if faced on (the gas turbine has blades, don't they?) but I don't know about propellers driven planes...

Propeller or rotor can also be used afaik. As always with FC3 - system is simplified and also: