[PLANNED] Engine Sounds?

mytai01

Are there any plans to work on the engine sounds, especially the external sounds?

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Hi,

Yes a rework of the engine sounds is planned but it is not in the works yet. The mirage being one of the first 3rd party module it uses some old ways (old in DCS) to generate the sound and will need some help from ED to improve the sounds.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• myHelljumper changed the title to [PLANNED] Engine Sounds?
  • 3 weeks later...

CORE only replaced the samples, and couldn't fix the dcs code issue which makes the shutdown sound play at startup.

Plus it doesn't sound like the real M53P2 at all. It's a nice to have mod but it certainly does not fix the issue.

M-2000C engine sound doesn't work like other modules for legacy API reasons (first 3rd party module, the sounder API wasn't available at the time). ED needs to unlock something before further work is possible. Full rework of engine sounder (samples + code) will then be possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I really prefer the official sound update to come out. I don't want to get too much into unofficial mods.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 3 weeks later...