Syria Crash Straight to Desktop

Czechnology

Having an issue with Syria ever since the expansion update. I can open it, I can look at it, I just can't load into a module in it. In multiplayer I can join as a spectator, in singleplayer I've been able to make missions that don't require I personally fly, but when trying to load into a module the game waits 2-5 seconds before freezing, then shortly after crashing straight to desktop. No crash message, no black screen, just closes and goes to desktop. Only on Syria as best I can tell.

dcs.log dcs.20220328-071009.crash dcs.20220328-071009.dmp

Edited by Czechnology

4 hours ago, Czechnology said:

Having an issue with Syria ever since the expansion update.

I can open it, I can look at it, I just can't load into a module in it. In multiplayer I can join as a spectator, in singleplayer I've been able to make missions that don't require I personally fly, but when trying to load into a module the game waits 2-5 seconds before freezing, then shortly after crashing straight to desktop. No crash message, no black screen, just closes and goes to desktop. Only on Syria as best I can tell.

• I would increase your "Windows Pagefile" to 32GB, so you have 32GB real ram + 32GB virtual ram.(I consider this minimum personally).
  • Nvidia GPU drivers referenced in the crash log, you might have to uninstall them, download and run DDU cleaner and reload fresh drivers.
  • Re-run DCS to see if it fixed crashing with Syria map base missions.

Regards, Ian.

• Thanks 1

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

9 hours ago, MadDog-IC said:
  • I would increase your "Windows Pagefile" to 32GB, so you have 32GB real ram + 32GB virtual ram.(I consider this minimum personally).
  • Nvidia GPU drivers referenced in the crash log, you might have to uninstall them, download and run DDU cleaner and reload fresh drivers.
  • Re-run DCS to see if it fixed crashing with Syria map base missions.

Regards, Ian.

Updated drivers and disabling tacview resolved the problem. Odd emphasis on tacview. Disabling tacview allowed me to spawn in and fly in the old areas of the map, updating drivers allowed me to fly in the new part of the map. Crashes have ceased, will be trying to hit that suggestion of a 32 gig page file but the C drive is incredibly cramped as it stands already. Appreciate the advice and help

@Czechnology - try to run this free non invasive program to help find any nonsense. just be aware of what you can and cannot safely delete. https://windirstat.net/download.html

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Hi guys. I had this problem too and it turns out that my pagefile was the problem. I don't think you need 32 gb, but I do think that it needs to be managed by the system and not manually set. I recently made it smaller so that I could save on some hard drive space, but then that's what caused my problem. At the moment, my system is only using a pagefile of 4gb, but the important thing is that it is managed by the system and there is some free space in the drive. Seems this is the price we have to pay if we want to play DCS.