I can't get TIR to work in BlackShark..Need help pls

Rocket75

I am running WinXP sp2, TIR3 with VE, with the 4.1.0.36 software, with the updated game list so it shows BS. But I have yet to get TIR actually working in BS yet.

When I launch BS, the blue light comes on, everything is good, I get in the cockpit, blue light still on, but no TIR. I have even tried un-installing the software, reinstalling, rebooting the PC, but nothing has worked yet. This is the first time I couldn't get TIR working in a game. When I view tracking inside the TIR software, it shows proper head movement etc. And it shows TIR in the Controls menu (inside BS where it shows axis). Is there a special view I should be in, or a key I have to hit inside BS to make it work? Any help would be appreciated, I'm dying to get it working.

Thx!

-Chris

Edited by Rocket75

P4-2.4QC-oc'd to 3.2ghz, 2gb Crucial PC6400 DDR2-1066mhz, Evga 8800GTS 640mb, Sata Drives, TIR3Pro

It is, and BS is on Flight also. The blue light is coming on, so it's being initiated. I have even tried hitting the F8 and F9 key hoping it would kick it alive, but so far I cannot get any TIR movement in BS.

P4-2.4QC-oc'd to 3.2ghz, 2gb Crucial PC6400 DDR2-1066mhz, Evga 8800GTS 640mb, Sata Drives, TIR3Pro

Ok, I got it working. I was about to un-install BS and TIR, then remembered during all this I replaced a file called newinput.dll, as it got it working for someone. I restored my backup file, ran BS, and TIR is now working!! Can't live without TIR and flying :pilotfly::thumbup:

Just use the auto-update in TrackIR to enable the support in BS.

To do this, hit the Update-Tab, then select "Check for Game Update" from the menu. The program will automatically update and you have to restart TrackIR. Then you can use TrackIR in BS, regardless of DLL-Versions.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I need an original cop of the [ENG] newinput.dll file. I didn't read the post well enough and put the "fix" on a working TrackIR setup. Now it's FUBARd. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just use the auto-update in TrackIR to enable the support in BS.

To do this, hit the Update-Tab, then select "Check for Game Update" from the menu. The program will automatically update and you have to restart TrackIR. Then you can use TrackIR in BS, regardless of DLL-Versions.

This did -not- work for me, I re-installed TIR several times, and did the update. As soon as i replaced the .dll file it worked. I am at work so i will post the input file in a few hours for anyone needing it.

Did you do the game-update or the software-update? And did you restart the TrackIR or both?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Did you do the game-update or the software-update? And did you restart the TrackIR or both?

Did software version, and game list update. Also did an R&R, only thing that fixed it wad replacing newinput.dll w/ original

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that out.

Here is the original file for anyone that needs it. Only reason you should have to replace it I think, is if you over-wrote it. In the process of getting TIR to work, I tried a fix out there that replaced this file. That fix didn't work, but luckily I backed up the file. I had to rar it in order to upload it to the site. Just drop it in the Ka-50/bin/stable directory.

Now back to getting everything setup to fly lol :joystick::pilotfly:

NewInput.rar