Dual Boot WinXP & Vista to run BS question

Fakum

I am about to embark on creating a Dual Boot configuration. I am currently running Win XP Pro 32. I have been doing more reading than training, this forum is loaded with info! Anyway, one of the threads talks about the FPS differences between WinXP and Vista when running using multicore. Vista appears to be the clear winner when it comes to increasing FPS. So I am about to install Vista Ultimate 64 on the same PC (Dual Boot Config) and I don’t want to screw this up. I obviously have BS installed on XP, therefore I have used one activation. Now once I install and bootup with Vista, and install it, I will presumably have to use another activation, which is fine I guess as long as I do things right. Should I do anything differently other than what I have mentioned here? Thanks in advance,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Not sure if you can do this, seems like starforce would detect a different OS and force reactivate each time you tried to run it if you booted to the other OS. My guess is you'll burn through your activations fast :/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Hmmmm,,, thanks for the tip, I will have to find that other thread (I have read thru so many of them0 and find the one where some have dual boot and ask them,,, I shall return,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have it installed on Vista Ultimate x64 already and today I installed it on my dual boot Win XP x32 to test some things out. And, yes I ate up another activation. I believe If you decide not to keep it on Win XP you can deactivate it and get 1 activation back.

Reason I don't think I'm going to keep it on Win XP is too many micro stutters. Plus I can get more FPS in Vista x64

Same here Mxyzpylk, I tried Blackshark on this dual boot system in both XP and Vista, and Vista x64 won hands down. Much smoother with the affinity trick, resulting in around 20 fps more over XP. In XP the affinity trick resulted in no gain in fps at all.

I still can't believe I am saying it being a long time opponent of Vista for gaming titles, but if you have a strong system, with a multicore processor, you'll find that Vista is better with Blackshark than XP is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually, my interest to create the Dual Boot config was based on this thread

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33715&page=22

Its not just a matter of Vista vs XP, it’s the difference when affinity is enabled utilizing multiple cores vs single core. I believe that thread is convincing enough to justify the use of Vista. I am also only planning on using Vista for Black Shark, all my other stuff I will continue the use of XP.

I also run dual boot and switched from XP to Vista. Tried all options to try and get rid of the micro freezes and stuttering.

Installed on Vista (russian version) used up an additional activation. My performance and stability went through the roof.

One thing I really noticed is Track IR smoothness and fine control really improved.

Not sure what was wrong with my XP. Could be some DirectX thing, driver related, not sure.

Another question I forgot to ask. For those of you using dual boot, what version of Vista will give the best performance? I was shooting for Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Are some of you using a 32 bit version etc?