Seatin position CPG not in the center of the seat

Bottebeitel

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

feels normal for me. 

are you using any IPD settings in game? 

I do use the IPD setting. I have it set at 55. Never thought it might be a problem. I can try changing the setting. You also asked me what headset I use. It is a G2, and I use right eye rendering. What struck me is that your screen shot from the CPG seat looks quite different than mine. You look indeed positioned in line with boresight lens. Whereas with me, it is to my right. 

I agree the CP/G view (both VR and 2D) is displaced to the left but that is "normal", because it center the view better relative to TADS than if the view was centered relative to seat (TADS would be at left).

Both seats stand on the right of the centerline. For Pilot the view can be centered relative to seat because screens also are, but CP/G 3 screens are centered relative to center line, so it is better for view to be displaced to left relative to seat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

I agree the CP/G view (both VR and 2D) is displaced to the left but that is "normal", because it center the view better relative to TADS than if the view was centered relative to seat (TADS would be at left).

Both seats stand on the right of the centerline. For Pilot the view can be centered relative to seat because screens also are, but CP/G 3 screens are centered relative to center line, so it is better for view to be displaced to left relative to seat.

Ah! So I'm not crazy then! (Well, at least not on this matter)

So you're saying that in reality, the CPG seat (and thus the CPG's head) is slightly right of the TADS screen? (Or at least not exactly centered with it). @Raptor9, can you confirm this? 🙂

Am I going to have to call the realism police? 🥸🚓

(I definitely understand ED's choice to align the CPG's head position with the TADS, instead of with the center of the seat. Just curious if this is indeed the case)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

4 hours ago, sirrah said:

...So you're saying that in reality, the CPG seat (and thus the CPG's head) is slightly right of the TADS screen?...

Yes, it is visible in DCS cockpit and in RL pictures (actual aircraft or boeing simulator, in DCS VR pilot view you can lift up/lean to see CP/G body, then try to see the TADS you will easily see it leaning to the left from CP/G's head, but not to the right).

You can also see it from these pictures (num 5 & 6, even if pictures are not necessarily 100% on centerline) :

34 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

Yes, it is visible in DCS cockpit and in RL pictures (actual aircraft or boeing simulator, in DCS VR pilot view you can lift up/lean to see CP/G body, then try to see the TADS you will easily see it leaning to the left from CP/G's head, but not to the right).

You can also see it from these pictures (num 5 & 6, even if pictures are not necessarily 100% on centerline) :

Yes, you're right. I mixed up left and right there 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for confirming!

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 3/30/2022 at 9:31 PM, toutenglisse said:

CPGs default view must be placed in the center of the seat, that's the only way to get proper HMD boresight alignment. TADS being a bit to the left is a non-issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

56 minutes ago, PlainSight said:

CPGs default view must be placed in the center of the seat, that's the only way to get proper HMD boresight alignment. TADS being a bit to the left is a non-issue.

I agree

This thread got tagged "correct as is", but we're not quite there yet 😉 

"Correct" would mean: sitting in the center of the CP/G seat, and right now, we don't. Right now we are (more or less) centered on the TADS display

System specs: