DCS Apache VR !

nazghool

Some of my streams ive done from first flight ( had about 30 mins to get the startup sorted) to where i am now , having a blast.

Took a few sad streams to get things setup as i want it so beware terrible sound or stuttering ingame on the first ones !

Evolution of streams from worst to best 😅

As title says mic pops in this one and game stutters in places first stream of teh apache !

sorted the stuttering was oculus mirror (?) but now i had the vr vision as i call it !

screwed up my mic and the stream looked stretched 😕

Where i am today think i fixed my visuals but my mic still a little off

Any advice welcome ! 😆

Future plans sort out the volumes, start doing some TSD useage ( learning that atm) for wp and targets, more rotorops missions to train and multiplayer servers and also SRS sorted!

EDIT:

Edited by nazghool

• 2 weeks later...

a few more since then , not sure im getting better or worse at this 🤔😂

Trying out the tsd and making map points ( wps, tg etc) theres alot of in cockpit messing around and not as much flying;

some multiplayer "training" apaches the first time ive ever really played on multiplayer since starting dcs many years ago and yes the update broke my hmd mask view and i didnt realise till after

a bit of a fail stream fixed the hmd mask but ran into a few bugs( which are now fixed , thanks ED! 😄 ) after having technical issues of my own and terrible flying  , add on the fact i was tired, i ended up a bit grouchy by the end 😂

another patch another time i forgot the hmd mask , but testing out online again including servers going down and wps being added in and i try SRS which i really need to get used to using and learning what to say , but just needs training i guess ( plus seems really low volume in my headset and i barely hear ppl

Would you share how you are recording?  Software/specs?  I wanted to record my Apache gameplay and have had non-stop issues with Oculus mirror stuttering like you mentioned and OBS.  Tried Shadowplay and that was worse, but it seems like my initial point of issue starts with Oculus mirror.  Appreciate you sharing your progression!

• Like 1

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

On 4/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, Chappy500 said:

Would you share how you are recording?  Software/specs?  I wanted to record my Apache gameplay and have had non-stop issues with Oculus mirror stuttering like you mentioned and OBS.  Tried Shadowplay and that was worse, but it seems like my initial point of issue starts with Oculus mirror.  Appreciate you sharing your progression!

Sure! sorry for the delayed reply work sucks 😁 , for unknown reasons i found it IS oculus mirror ( no idea what is going on)  , so i ended up bypassing mirror completely and just going straight through obs. My only downside atm is that i lose the stabilization of mirrror so sometimes u get a twitch of my heartbeat visable and things like that.

PC =

cpu- i7 9700k 3.60ghz
cooler- corsair hydro h100i
motherboard- msi z390 gaming pro carbon
ram- 32gb hyperx fury 3200mhz ddr4
graphics- msi 2080ti gaming x trio

vr- oculus rift s

obs i have it set as my monitor res 1440p under the video tab but then rescaling it to 1080p on streaming tab

OBS=

encoder = nvidia nvenc

1080p rescale

bitrate =6000 ( id go more but sure twitch doesnt like it)

keyframe =1

preset = quality

profile = high

click psycho and look ahead and b frames =2

also crop the screen in obs so the game is actually bigger than the window that will be seen (but make sure its not so much u lose too much cockpit )

and the biggest thing ;

Shout out to plazma for the tip !

just remember to change it every patch ! ( as i forgot a few times 😅 )

good luck and look forward to seeing your videos out there! 😄

Edited by nazghool
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nazghool said:

Sure! sorry for the delayed reply work sucks 😁 , for unknown reasons i found it IS oculus mirror ( no idea what is going on)  , so i ended up bypassing mirror completely and just going straight through obs. My only downside atm is that i lose the stabilization of mirrror so sometimes u get a twitch of my heartbeat visable and things like that.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share that, you solved that oculus mirror issue for me, I all but gave up on recording things until now.  Now I just need to figure out the screen capture so it doesn't look as stretched, but this gives me a start!  Thanks again.

• Like 1

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• 2 weeks later...