The more I learn; the more I am impressed.

TheMoose

Thanks ED team, Beta testers. I am having a ball learning this bird. The wait was all worth it. Maybe I feel like a kid that hasn’t eaten for a while and was presented a T Bone steak. I just can’t get enough…

I know there are many thankful threads. Mods feel free to merge it. But I had to say my 2 cents.

I admit the enjoyment is in the learning process. I’m also glad you implemented easy/arcade type of flight and missions that helps in bringing more players in the arena. My impression is, they will abandoned this type of flight status and go for the full immersion :book:. This is where the full joy is.

The flight details are very impressive even for a noob like me. I hope all monetary success comes your way.

Thanks again.

DCS rules…:thumbup:

Regards,

"Moose"

Edited by TheMoose
  • Like 1

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Gotta give it to ED. Today I was able to land within +-5 metres on a FARP pad. Yeah git some. Punch the air. Sweat inducing with lots of small input into the collective and cyclic. And after kicking but with canon, rockets and Vickhr. Still am not aufait with ABRIS, NAV etc. My auto hover sucks. But getting there.

This sim has awakened me from a long sleep. Nothing in the whole PC game genre has kept my interest(and my thinking!!!! It's screwing up my focus at work and my girlfriend is complaining!!!) as buying and playing this sim. I'm still in training and have about 90% of the accelerated start-up down. I'm playing on my nephew's computer because mine can't handle the overwhelming awesomeness of this masterly designed software!!!! I'm buying a new one!!!!

I am constantly amazed by the things I keep finding.

Just now I managed to land on a building, take off again then follow a truck on a road to a crossroad where I again landed.

It seems that after a while flying you just kind of "snap" into it. Everything falls into place! I'm more than hooked on this sim, I'm afraid of never leaving this room again.

I've flown stuff in FSX since a few months after it was released, usually smaller GA stuff, the odd go in the Bell and the R22 but this is quite something else.

The track file system is useful, especially for fans of video and screenshot stuff, i've only had a brief look but the more advanced view options are great. Keep it up ED, looking forward to both the A10 and AH-64!

It IS an amazing sim. So many little things that just add up to a fantastic experience.

I was doing the user made weapon tutorial last night, set up in my hover, and set the switches as per the tutorial. Using TrackIR and the HMS I'm trying to locate the targets and as I got towards the seeker limits the helicopter STARTED TO YAW TO FOLLOW MY HMS INPUT!!! Being a tinker around then refer to the manual when I can't work it out kind of learner, this was a total surprise to me, and I was blown away by my discovery!

Every time I jump in I learn something new.

Welcome!!

Cheers!

I can certainly see there's been an enormous amount of effort poured in to BS, and that my sim racing time is going to be seriously eaten in to. I had allocated this winter to finally get really serious about the racing, but it looks like I'll have other priorities!