34 members have voted

1. 1. poll request

• XP 32bit..i am running it with no problems
    • XP 64bit..i am running it with no problems
    • VISTA 32bit..i am running it with no problems
    • VISTA 64bit..i am running it with no problems
    • runs great on MAC
    • i dont have the game yet

either i am ignorant, or i just dont have forum privlegies to start a poll..

i want to, or if some one can make a poll with the following..

BLACK SHARK RUNS WELL ON?

a) XP 32bit..i am running it with no problems

b) XP 64bit..i am running it with no problems

c) VISTA 32bit..i am running it with no problems

d) VISTA 64bit..i am running it with no problems

e) runs great on MAC

f)i dont have the game yet

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

I haven't create a poll but I admit XP rules, vista well, if you have the choice, run like hell and go back to Xp ;)

alright..that bad? i myself am running XP 64bit..its ok..

i dont have black shark yet..but im looking at builing a rig for it...

Just an FYI:

I have tried it on XP 32 (no problems) and Vista x64 (no problems) but with an Intel Core2 Duo or Quad Core processor, you will want to gain all the Frames per Second that you can get by using Vista. The way the Vista optimizes for multi-core processors has anywhere from a 10 to 20 fps more effect over XP using dual core processors.

For those that hate Vista, remember thats what everyone said about XP when everyone was using Win98 SE for gaming, and here we are today running XP mostly. Vista x32 and x64 are fantastic operating systems, that just take time in getting to know how to tweak them to run the applications you have the best.

Vista for lockon is definitely not as good as with XP... But Vista for Blackshark is quite a bit better than XP with Blackshark. So far my Blackshark on Vista x64 runs like a dream.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fine if you disagree, but currently for the many who have tried Blackshark in Vista (both x86 or x64 versions) and compared it to their XP fps numbers, the winner here so far has been Vista. You don't have to agree for this to be a fact, It is what it is. And even though Blackshark runs quite well on XP, it does in fact run better on Vista for me as well as many others who have tried both and reported back on the Vista results.

Maybe Vista is just not for you; but it makes no sense in "trying" to hold others back from experiencing great results with Blackshark in Vista with a multi-core cpu when you personally have been unable to get it to work well enough for you. Stay with XP and be happy then, nobody really cares if you change to Vista or not. :) These are choices that we all have, isn't it great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would choose vista over XP anyday, I'm getting half or less problams with ANY software in vista. It seems the compabilityprocess is automated to a certain degree. In vista everything seems to "just work"... No troubleshooting etc... I feel I'm about to get flamed, but, Vista rules!!!!

Help Beczl with his DCS MiG-21Bis project

by Pre-Ordering DCS MiG-21Bis module NOW!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO PRE-ORDER PAGE AT INDIEGOGO

I had a parallel installation of XP and Vista U64, because of the campaign-discussion and the file-handling problem in Vista, reported here by the devs.

After a few tests I removed my old XP installation. Besides the better hardware-support and workflow-improvements, especially BlackShark ran 8-10 FPS faster in average on Vista and a lot smoother than on my XP. With the second core enabled, that was another 10 FPS added for me.

I also noticed that the crashes on XP always were fatal to the system. With Vista, the crashes are less and they never crashed the OS.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Just an FYI:

I have tried it on XP 32 (no problems) and Vista x64 (no problems) but with an Intel Core2 Duo or Quad Core processor, you will want to gain all the Frames per Second that you can get by using Vista. The way the Vista optimizes for multi-core processors has anywhere from a 10 to 20 fps more effect over XP using dual core processors.

For those that hate Vista, remember thats what everyone said about XP when everyone was using Win98 SE for gaming, and here we are today running XP mostly. Vista x32 and x64 are fantastic operating systems, that just take time in getting to know how to tweak them to run the applications you have the best.

Vista for lockon is definitely not as good as with XP... But Vista for Blackshark is quite a bit better than XP with Blackshark. So far my Blackshark on Vista x64 runs like a dream.

I agree. I went through all this when I set up Flight Sim X (whilst waiting for BS ;)) and Vista proved to be much better for processor intensive games. I found the 64-bit version was much better in FSX and prevented BSODs and OOM (out of memory) problems. As for BS, no problems so far using Vista64.

I have also a parallel installation of XP Pro 32bit SP3 and Vista 32 Business SP2.

Both systems runs on BS without problems.

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

thanks for making the poll...

i plan on making a rig build around DCS BS, and a poll like this along with other peoples threads help me to make an informed decision on what to get..

I HOPE TO FLY SOON! eagarly await the hardcopy while i continue to make my sim pit...my butt kicker just came in the other day too!