Copy controls from pilot to CPG?

Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

• Solution
48 minutes ago, PHMAC said:

Is it possible to copy controls from the pilot profile to the cpg profile?

Yes, you can copy-paste the folder /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/Input/AH-64D_BLK_II_PLT/ onto the same folder ... windows will appnd a "- copy" to the folder name. Now rename this copied folder to "AH-64D_BLK_II_CPG" and you are set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I don't think it will work Rudel. Will it?

Anyone tried successfully?

• Thanks 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

41 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, you can copy-paste the folder /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config/Input/AH-64D_BLK_II_PLT/ onto the same folder ... windows will appnd a "- copy" to the folder name. Now rename this copied folder to "AH-64D_BLK_II_CPG" and you are set.

Interesting!…thanks @Rudel_chw…helpful as always!

If it works that will save me a lot of time.

11 minutes ago, Devrim said:

I will try it out and report back here!

Edited by PHMAC

27 minutes ago, Devrim said:

I tried it, before suggesting it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There is a way to do it in game as well - I'm not at home right now, so this is from memory, but you can right click (I think) on a controller heading while having the CPG profile up, and select 'load profile' (or something like that) and then find the PLT profile for your controller and just load it - the controls are then imported into the CPG controller profile.

Sorry for the vagueness, but it's quite simple to figure out if you play around - no need to rename files etc, although that is easy enough. Just thought I'd mention that they did allow for this in the sim.

• Thanks 1

Darn... two days too late. 😆

Thanks Rudel.  Got to file that away for next time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Highlight the controller column (your stick or throttle or pedals for example) in your pilot section, right click the head of the column. Select save profile as… Create a name like AH64 STICK BINDS. Now go to the CPG section, right click at top of the stick control column, select load profile. You may have to change the file extension to all files. Select the profile you just saved and load it. I just did this last night so it works 

edit: correction, the save as and load buttons are above the columns. Not right click. 

Edited by S. Low
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg