Bug: Using Auto Pilot after using Auto Throttle...

Callsign JoNay

3 hours ago, WarthogOsl said:

I'm finding this is an issue regardless of whether AP was engaged or not.  Once I engage AT, it becomes impossible to move the throttle manually again, even if you flip the AT switch off.

Yeah the bug mutated after the latest hotfix patch.

41 minutes ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Yeah the bug mutated after the latest hotfix patch.

Yeah, maybe.  I should say I tested with a mission where I started in the air.  I think I had read somewhere that when you do that, it might actually start the jet with the autopilot on briefly, before switching off automatically.  I've not tried it yet from a cold start.

Had this happen as well on an A during field landing. Throttled down and then no more inputs were accepted i switched to manual throttle mode and that didn't work. Can still cut the power  and start engines again,  but it acts like the aircraft is not seeing the axis. Actually cleared and rebound my bindings and got no response. Had to restart thr mission to get it to work again.  

Edit read or heard something about a mechanical linkage that could only be reset by the ground crew, but that specifically effected the auto pilot itself, not the throttles. If the link broke you just couldn't use autopilot as  I recall,  but I mention it here because I thought it might be associated in some way 

Edited by FlyingTaco21

On 4/8/2022 at 11:58 PM, FlyingTaco21 said:

Had this happen as well on an A during field landing. Throttled down and then no more inputs were accepted i switched to manual throttle mode and that didn't work. Can still cut the power  and start engines again,  but it acts like the aircraft is not seeing the axis. Actually cleared and rebound my bindings and got no response. Had to restart thr mission to get it to work again.  

Edit read or heard something about a mechanical linkage that could only be reset by the ground crew, but that specifically effected the auto pilot itself, not the throttles. If the link broke you just couldn't use autopilot as  I recall,  but I mention it here because I thought it might be associated in some way 

And now we have the same problem in Stable, so don't use AT cause if you have to bolter or touch and go, you are going into the ocean.