George Not Firing

dresoccer4

On 3/29/2022 at 11:33 PM, Kifter1983 said:

he'll still fire when outside of max range, 8000ft

Max range is 8000 meters, not feet. Ground forces, including US ones,  use the metric system. So the Apache uses it too for almost everything (except altitude, speed, aviation stuff) to facilitate coordination and communication with boots on the ground.

On 3/30/2022 at 9:25 AM, Captain Orso said:

If I'm reading the TSD on the left correctly, the grid size is 5.0M--five miles per grid. 

Same remark. Unless you changed the unit system somewhere in the settings in one on the MPDs pages, those are kilometers.

Edited by Mad_Shell

On 3/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, Oradan1974 said:

I have also had this happen many times, where I had to give George more fire orders before he fired, even though he had a green ROE.

here also in a video of me to see from min 2,06.

He targets an Inafantery unit and does not shoot although he says Engaging and is also ready to fire... only after I manually repeated(min 2,26) the fire command he fired.

he fires the other shots independently

https://youtu.be/Sr-0pq4sG4s?t=125

I've seen that, too

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

On 3/28/2022 at 3:53 PM, key_stroked said:

These aren't George A.I. issues, which is what the OP is talking about.

I wasn't saying they were. The Op asked why the weapons weren't firing, And what I've listed is what I've seen. Your auto consent issue is interesting, though. 

Edited by Airwolf466

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

I get similar issues with George as well. Frustrating because I feel I can do a better job than he does; just now he launched and wasted 2 hellfires at a target waaaay within range at a co-altitude and the weapons just went waaaaaaay nowhere near the target area. Even though the ROE is yellow, only way I can get him to fire is weapons consent.

On 3/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Funkysak said:

Weapon Utility page, make sure the Laser is armed. That said; I've had this issue as well after changing a load out on instant action. I'm not sure if it is a bug or an error on my part.

If george is flying CPG, thats his responsibility; you cant turn the laser on from the back seat. Yes you can swap seats, but that shouldnt be the case.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:34 AM, LooseSeal said:

I think this is because the OP hasn't WAS'd Hellfires on his side, so he doesn't see the constraints box. Not sure if that should cause the CPG not to engage though.

You shouldnt yourself be WAS'ed up right yourself as you should be in control of the gun while he uses the missiles. Although I will say that kinda seems to be the case as thats the only other thing I could do to get him to fire.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

10 hours ago, Mad_Shell said:

8<

Same remark. Unless you changed the unit system somewhere in the settings in one on the MPDs pages, those are kilometers.

I downloaded the picture. Firstly, the downloaded pic has better resolution, and then I could zoom in on the grid size, and although it does get fuzzier, it also gets bigger.

It's is 3km, so the targets are just over 6km distant, and well within range.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:11 AM, Ramstein said:

I had the same issues,, George would not fire after the patch,,, meanwhile if you are in a fight, being shot at, or getting older as the time ticks by..... I have to fly a lot more after yesterdays patch to see if was just that flight... but expected no issues, and it still didn't fire.. the Helo is wonderful, don't get me wrong, just wish George would pay attention...

yes, the waypoint show on the HMD is pretty close to the target, and it says 6.1km

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Tried George out again last night on my own map and did get George to fire...but he had to be close, and outside 5km the shots went wild. He would kill the laser the instant it went wild and the missile never even went terminal.

Edited by Hammer1-1
  • Like 1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

OK, I did the Saipan Counterattack mission. Started in the pilot seat, tried to get George to fire on a SAM battery on top of Mt Suribachi (?) and he absolutely wouldnt. I switch to the CPG seat, nothing is turned on; TADS is off, Laser is off, yet he reported that he was slaved and engaging and firing. Well within range (5km), and no reason why George couldnt do his job. George is going to kill the Apache module for me...heres the track of the last time I tried. Top THAT off, before taking off, I switch to the CPG seat to make sure stuff actually WAS turned on...he took over the pilot seat, untold to do so, took off. Commanded a height of 0' to land, and George just slams it down with nary a second thought.  George is practically worthless.

@BIGNEWY can you investigate this please? It wasnt this bad prior to the patch where he didnt do anything. Now it seems like he's deliberately trying to kill me. The track I posted the only thing I didnt do up front was turn the monitor on, yet George was nowhere to be found.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4emby0dwbipxj6t/george is worthless.trk?dl=0

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

12 hours ago, Hammer1-1 said:

OK, I did the Saipan Counterattack mission. Started in the pilot seat, tried to get George to fire on a SAM battery on top of Mt Suribachi (?) and he absolutely wouldnt. I switch to the CPG seat, nothing is turned on; TADS is off, Laser is off, yet he reported that he was slaved and engaging and firing. Well within range (5km), and no reason why George couldnt do his job. George is going to kill the Apache module for me...heres the track of the last time I tried. Top THAT off, before taking off, I switch to the CPG seat to make sure stuff actually WAS turned on...he took over the pilot seat, untold to do so, took off. Commanded a height of 0' to land, and George just slams it down with nary a second thought.  George is practically worthless.

@BIGNEWY can you investigate this please? It wasnt this bad prior to the patch where he didnt do anything. Now it seems like he's deliberately trying to kill me. The track I posted the only thing I didnt do up front was turn the monitor on, yet George was nowhere to be found.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4emby0dwbipxj6t/george is worthless.trk?dl=0

"George is going to kill the Apache module for me..."

mate, it's an early beta. I'd hold off until release if it's making you this upset. I get it, trust me, it's very annoying when things don't work correctly, but we have to remember this is software currently under active development. it may get worse before it gets better. but get better eventually it shall 🙂 

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

28 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

"George is going to kill the Apache module for me..."

mate, it's an early beta. I'd hold off until release if it's making you this upset. I get it, trust me, it's very annoying when things don't work correctly, but we have to remember this is software currently under active development. it may get worse before it gets better. but get better eventually it shall 🙂 

Its not a big deal really. The apache module as-is is awesome. I dont really do multicrew all that often because its a lot to get a decent copilot whos willing to fly with you whenever. If you can find someone to fly with in MP, then its a great module...but George. You gotta start the aircraft up yourself in its entirety - both front and backseat. You have to align the IHADDS in both seats; you have to turn on the TADS/PNVS yourself; you have to hold George's hand when he goes pee. When starting up the CPG seat, you better pray he doesnt take off.   If you're lucky, he will actually target something and hit it...but you better have started up and aligned everything both up front and in back. Since this patch released, hes been nothing but dead weight, thats all. Using hellfires at this point is why bother...just load up on rockets and dont bother with George.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

4 minutes ago, Hammer1-1 said:

Its not a big deal really. The apache module as-is is awesome. I dont really do multicrew all that often because its a lot to get a decent copilot whos willing to fly with you whenever. If you can find someone to fly with in MP, then its a great module...but George.

C'mon man George likes to sleep alot after a heavy night of drinking, which is almost every night I think🤣

Just now, Zap921 said:

C'mon man George likes to sleep alot after a heavy night of drinking, which is almost every night I think🤣

No, in order to drink you have to want it; George is more or less the special kid at school who wears the helmet all the time; he who throws the basketball with elbows YAY!

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 year later...

I find the engagements with "George A.I." to be the one and very most frustrating thing about the Apache. Best way to describe it as a "Gamble"!

I'm exclusively soloing on- and offline with the Apache and I find myself way too often in a 50/50 chance situation, when George again doesn't recognize his target and just refuses to engage. Missiles and rockets work best, but when it comes to George making a use of the "Cannon" I find myself dying like almost all the time.

Flying in a straight line towards "AA infantry" with George being right on target and within optimal range, is almost a 100% chance of us getting K.I.A, because George refuses to pull the trigger. I think I've read somewhere that the cannon is used for suppression, so how come George doesn't seem to know how to suppress with the "Cannon" and instead is waiting for the perfect shot? Besides that when giving manual fire command he should actually pull the trigger, no matter what. That's imho what "manual" is all about when being the pilot. The Apache is very much useless as a solo player that way, because you simply can't effectively engage with it especially in motion.

Also the way how George seems to lose LOS is just completely unrealistic imo. As soon as you spot a traget IRL you know where it's at and you are able to anticipate. If George is aiming at a target all it needs is a single tree to break LOS sometimes.

Switching to CP/G doesn't make things easier, because you die the very moment you hop back to the pilot's seat due to crashing. And if not you'll die at some point with George A.I. as pilot, when again he magically manages to get in a vortex.

I was thinking about making my own thread about my own experiences with George A.I., in hope that some official would give a short feedback about planned changes of George A.I. But I think I'm gonna' leave it with this post for now. Seems like it's recognized that many of us are very frustrated with George. From a sp perspective I really hope that George A.I. will be more capable at some point. I just hope it doesn't take so long as changes to George are essential for soloing the Apache.

Edited by Emme

Same deal last night, AFTER getting my Apache repaired.  Following the same sequence that worked fine for several Hellfire launches, I took some damage, landed, got repaired, refueled, and re-armed.  Got back up, everything setup and configured as before.  For both 'K' and 'L' Hellfires, George told me, "Engaging!" and "Firing!" but nothing left the rail.  Also the 'missile constraints met box' was missing from the IHADDS.  Not dashed, missing.  Not there.  MIA.

Yes, I know...  no trackfile, no problem.

And before everyone offers what steps I was missing, please note, as stated above, I was following the exact same process that resulted in successful missile launches just minutes before.

Edited by VFA41_Hedgehog

bahog2trn.gif
VFA-41 Black Aces
www.vfa-41.com

• 7 months later...

I am having an issue now were George has a target, weapons are armed and WASD.  He lases a list of targets.  I select one, check for solid box.  Got it.  Choose consent to fire and nothing.  No resonse, no nothing.  Am I doing something wrong??

Update:  I figured out what I was doing wrong.  You also need to click George right to lase the target.  I wasn’t.  Got it working now!  

Edited by HMSSURP

• 1 month later...

Si rearmas el "máster arms" desde el asiento del piloto, vuelve a funcionar y George dispara. Repito, hay que armar de nuevo el máster arms, a mí me funciona.