DCS 2.7.11.21408 will not start from steam and continues to crash on the title screen.

MrMig

As the title implies, the sim refuses to start and continues to crash on the title screen (screenshot below). Is anyone experiencing this or do you guys know anything I can try before I try to complete reinstall it? 

I have verified the integrity of the game to no avail 

PC Specs: 

32 gigs ddr4 

1080ti 

i7-8700k

sim is installed on an HDD

crash.PNG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

/Saved Games/DCS.<install>/Logs/

Attach the newest dcs.log and me.log

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

18 hours ago, R.LimaBSB said:

The same for me. The Open Beta version crashes on the title screen. If I switch to the stable version, the sim works fine.

Your Stable DCS probably has different user Mods than your Openbeta ... the MB-339PAN is known to crash the latest DCS versions.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

6 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Your Stable DCS probably has different user Mods than your Openbeta ... the MB-339PAN is known to crash the latest DCS versions.

Thank you for the tip! I´ll remove the free mods one by one and test!

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Just an update:

You were completely right, sir! The MB-339PAN was the responsible for the malfunction, in my case!

Thank you, again!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DN308 said:

SAme for me on the latest update.

Disable your User Mods and try to start with a vanilla DCS. If it now works, then you will know that one of your Mods causes the crash.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Disable your User Mods and try to start with a vanilla DCS. If it now works, then you will know that one of your Mods causes the crash.

Sorry mate but you speak Chinese for me...

So:

I need to delete every single mod, right?

Vanilla DCS??? What the hell is that? Sorry for my noobness but I don't understand that

So:
I need to delete every single mod, right?
Vanilla DCS??? What the hell is that? Sorry for my noobness but I don't understand that
Have you added extra user made modifications to the game, that are not part of any of the official modules by ED or 3rd parties?
I guess no.
If yes, use your mod manager to uninstall, and do a repair, to get everything back to default "plain vanilla".
Ask more if you're not sure.

EDIT: Back tracked a little. Have you installed the free MB-339 community module? If yes, just remove it, or apply the fix.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Have you added extra user made modifications to the game, that are not part of any of the official modules by ED or 3rd parties?
I guess no. emoji4.png
If yes, use your mod manager to uninstall, and do a repair, to get everything back to default "plain vanilla". emoji6.png
Ask more if you're not sure. emoji1303.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I have some mods, yes. Civilian and military aircraft mods, echo19 sound mod for the F14, LLH Insurgency, Naval mod, some free aircraft modules like the UH60, A4E, etc.

I'm in the process to remove them from my savegame folder.

But how to "repair" from a steam install?

• Like 1

Ok, so…

I’ve deleted all my mods and it works!!!

Thanks a lot

Anyway, I was wondering if there is something to do with the new insurgents in the changelog. Could be a conflict with the ones in the LLH INSURGENCY mod

Edited by DN308
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DN308 said:

I'm sorry .. since you had so many User Mods, I tought that you were experienced as to their use.

So: I need to delete every single mod, right?

No, I said that you needed to disable them, not delete. If you are using a Mod Manager, it will have an easy way to disable the Mods. If you dont use a Mod manager and thus install all your Mods manually, then the easiest way to disable them is to rename the /Saved Games/DCS/Mods/ folder to something like /Saved Games/DCS/Mods.bak/

Vanilla DCS??? What the hell is that? 

It means a standard default DCS, one with no User Modifications on it ... plain vanilla, with no crispies or chocolate chips on it 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DN308 said:

I actually make some tries and found out that it should comes from one of the VSN modules

Yes, most likely the VSN_F5E, as it loads just prior to the DCS freezing.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I got this problem after the latest update. The really weird part is that even if I remove all my drives, reformat the one remaining and rebuild from scratch it still crashes at start. The install is pure vanilla. The only thing odd I noticed in the DCS.log is the NET: authentication to DCS is not there. I don't know if that matters. I'm thinking this is a DCS authentication server caching problem.