F-5E Fuel Auto Balance Switch does not reset, draining right tank past balance.

Durin2

Ahoy!
I had this problem many times, but in a recent short training flight against an Ai F-14, this happaned again and this time i remembered to save the track.

Right upon start, a simple nose to nose close range setup for guns BFM, i selected the Auto Balance switch to L-Low as i started with full internal fuel and as you know, the left tank is smaller. After disposing of the Tomcat i noticed the Auto Balance switch did not reset to the center position, depleting the right tank well past the balance point.

F-5 stuck low left.trk

• ED Team
On 3/29/2022 at 5:58 AM, Durin2 said:

Ahoy!
I had this problem many times, but in a recent short training flight against an Ai F-14, this happaned again and this time i remembered to save the track.

Hi! Thank you for report!

Сould you elaborate on how you toggle this switch? Only with a mouse? Or do you also use a toggle switch on a joystick?

Am 4.4.2022 um 08:48 schrieb cofcorpse:

Сould you elaborate on how you toggle this switch? Only with a mouse? Or do you also use a toggle switch on a joystick?

o7. I toggle it with the mouse.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:48 AM, cofcorpse said:

I can confirm this bug occurring when selecting with mouse. In my circumstance, my autostart macro selects Left Low on engine start and there are no issues. When I select Left Low with the mouse after refueling for the second sortie, the switch does not trip when the fuel is balanced and the fuel transfer continues.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this only a couple times but I'm unsure of the circumstances.

Most of the time it seems to work fine for me. I always do manual startup and the fuel autobalance "left low" is one of the first switches I hit after battery on, along with the center pylon fuel switch. I typically then rearm with a center 150gal tank and two 9p5s while the left engine is starting. I don't think I ever saw this issue while using this procedure.

I always hit the switch with the mouse too, although recently I bound it to my HOTAS. I will try to keep an eye on it.

Edited by Sarowa