3x widescreen Black Shark

i am wondering if any one is running DCS BS with 3 widescreens?

i keep seeing photos of 3x regular 4:3 aspect LCD monitors...

im just wondering if anyone out there is running this type of set up..

stupid me i bought 3 wides, instead of regular LCDs..

it just seem at the time that most sites mainly sell widescreens...

is DCS BS butter enough at 5040x1050?

is Matrox Triple Head to go required to get 3x1680x1050? my experience with SoftTH on LOMAC is that the FOV was un acceptable..

someone fill me in ! photos of setups would be nice

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

hey mr urze..

sorry. i didnt mention that my experience was on LOMAC..i dont know nothing about DCS BS..

in LOMAC, i have tried to edit that lua file..i have edit that FOV..default was 1.333, i think i had it between there and 5.xxxx ...and it never looked right.

anyways..i see your set up..and i drool..but i just wonder if people have a setup up on 3 monitros on widescreeen... i keep seeing 4:3 aspect monitors with DCS BS being used, like in some of your setups..

This link here will give you info on FoV fix for ultra widescreen resolutions, thanks to urze btw :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34832

Below is some screen shots taken at 4320x900 (3x24 inch widescreen monitors). The matrox TH2g will actually go up to 1680x1050x3 but my monitors won't drop to the 57hz required.

They have resized to 2160x450 I think by photobucket but it should give you an idea. Surround gaming as it seems to be called is absolutly awesome.

th_ScreenShot_005.jpg

th_ScreenShot_008.jpg

th_ScreenShot_011-1.jpg

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

My experience with TH2G was the same as TrackIr.... "Why the hell didn't I do this before?!?". That about sums it up.

Vista 32 home premium sp1

Gigabyte P35-ds4 mb

Intel 6850 dual core at 3ghz

4 gig of pc800 ram *Brand name but can't remember it off hand.

Gigabyte gt 260oc graphics

Runs quite well, in the first mission in the Russian version (The one where you shoot up the yankee dog convoys) in never once drops below 33fps. The max I noticed was around 65+.

That would be with 220o field of view as well. Overall I am pretty happy :)

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to use Softth with Black Shark?

I have searched the forums and it looks like people might be using it, and there is a shot of urzi (Sorry if i get your name wrong) has a cockpit of black shark running softth @softths home.

I am used to wrestle with this software and do not intend (and can't) to buy th2go for use with my setup (22" and two 19" screens). But going about this i started to really scratch my head. Lockon was no trouble, but i start to wonder if this really is possible?

And if it is? How. I do not get the resolution choice in DCS. However my softth is registering and put error in its logs so i feel that part is working, but softth is exiting cause the "resolution isn't triple head".

Someone have any idea? KA-50 is born to run with triple head me think! (and track-ir).

It seems the graphics.cfg isn't used by ka-50. So i do not know which file to change if i have to edit some cfg or lua file?

Ah, i did try the 1.08 as well as 1.07 which i usually used (until now).

It seems that evertyhing starts up alright then DCS tell softth it should only use 1680. Been at this for 3 hours now and i know when i have been beaten! I guess its doable, but i don't see what i should do :). There wasn't to much on the net either with people doing this so i will put my learning time into flying this thing and checking into the matter at a later date!

(I am a little frustrated because i think its something easy i have to do... i can taste the sweetness of success... but close is not enough! ;) )

come on shrubbo.. check it out... cuz for me it will be all about the multi player... (merry xmas)

u are lucky, i havent even played the game yet...all i do is look at the you tube vids..

lol do what I did, buy the Russian version until the English box set comes out. Nice and cheap ($25US) and more importantly... can have you flying as quick as you can download it :thumbup:*

xell, I assume you have seen this thread?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=32630

If not it may help you some. Seems to be a lot of stuff in there about how to set up multiple monitors and what files to edit.

Yes, i had, but - there seems i missed alot of info. I know i browsed the start of it, then skimmed it and ended up reading about abris.

I now come across info on page 6 that perhaps is solving my problem with the fixed resolution, a post by BlacksharkAce. I was looking for a options.lua file to edit, but there is more then one. And yesterday when searching i felt like i was stuck, you know that thing when you are focusing on the wrong thing but you don't realize it.

:)

Thanks shrubbo - don't know if it will work, but atleast i'm now editing the correct stuff. And that might help - or so i've heard!

Edited by xell
Referred to the wrong post!

Well, by not using full screen but windowed mode you do not need softth. But i do not know how that impact performance. I just edited the option.lua and then created my own 3 camera with offset for X (width) for the different screens it "works". I really didn't think that would work having 2 graphic cards. I am not sure this is a great solution, but - it will do until i come across something better! :)

lol do what I did, buy the Russian version until the English box set comes out. Nice and cheap ($25US) and more importantly... can have you flying as quick as you can download it :thumbup:*

the main reason i havent been on black shark is that im doing revnovations on the bathroom.. the space i have for the pit is being used as a construction material staging area..

but the bathroom is done, and now i am going to put the pit back together..

I think you guys need one of these three monitor laptop setup>>> 3 screen laptop

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

lol that is kinda kewl. Freaking awesome if you attended lans a lot. Imagine unfolding that sucker and watching the eyes pop and wtf's spoken left and right :)

Yeah just for the crack of it would be worth it.:smartass:

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2